Author Topic: Car-Net App-Connect after purchase?  (Read 3292 times)

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
Car-Net App-Connect after purchase?
« on: 26 March 2017, 15:14 »
I'm just in the process of getting a good deal on an new MK7 R. It has standard spec but just wondering what haggling power I might have. Thought about asking whether Car-Net App-Connect could be activated. Is that even possible or is it a hardware thing?

Any other bits I could try and get them to throw in if they don't want to reduce the price?

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: Car-Net App-Connect after purchase?
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2017, 16:47 »
If it is a truly new R then Car-Net App Connect is included as standard now so no need for haggling. You could try for a boot liner?

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2017, 16:49 »
What a boot liner & premium mats.  Always worth a shot. 

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2017, 16:58 »
As you said Mk7 and not Mk7.5 or facelift then I take it your getting a deal on an in stock car then yes you can add car net afterwards. It costs in the region of £200 and there is no hardware, it is just a case of your dealer ordering the software key and about 20 minutes to do it.

Another question about car play, if you delete Apple maps from your iphone can you then use google maps?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2017, 16:59 »
If it is a truly new R then Car-Net App Connect is included as standard now so no need for haggling. You could try for a boot liner?

Are you sure? Just went on the VW configurator for the MK7 and it appears as a £130 option.

Ah ha, yeah. Does it not come with mats?

As you said Mk7 and not Mk7.5 or facelift then I take it your getting a deal on an in stock car then yes you can add car net afterwards. It costs in the region of £200 and there is no hardware, it is just a case of your dealer ordering the software key and about 20 minutes to do it.

Exactly that a MK7. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2017, 17:04 by greencode »

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2017, 21:51 »

Are you sure? Just went on the VW configurator for the MK7 and it appears as a £130 option.

First up are you sure you looked at the new Golf on the configuater and not the performance Golf? The facelift GTi/GTD and R's comes with app car net app as standard.

Second, yes the golfs come with mats but you can also get premium mats.

3rd, just to clear up that you are doing a deal on a pre facelift Mk7

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2017, 21:54 »

First up are you sure you looked at the new Golf on the configuater and not the performance Golf? The facelift GTi/GTD and R's comes with app car net app as standard.

Second, yes the golfs come with mats but you can also get premium mats.

3rd, just to clear up that you are doing a deal on a pre facelift Mk7

Hi. I looked at the performance Golf configurator as it's the MK7 and not MK7.5 that I'm after. Thanks.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2017, 22:21 »
Okay well in that case my first answer was right, around £200 and 20 minutes. I think the confusion is other people are thinking 'a new Golf' to be a facelift, things can get lost in translation.

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2017, 22:23 »
Okay well in that case my first answer was right, around £200 and 20 minutes. I think the confusion is other people are thinking 'a new Golf' to be a facelift, things can get lost in translation.

Thanks for your help with this. In talks with them again tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2017, 10:27 »

Thanks for your help with this. In talks with them again tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

No problem, I need to get around to getting it done as well.