Author Topic: Dealer prep...yay or nay...advice needed  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: Dealer prep...yay or nay...advice needed
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2017, 11:23 »
I remember my dealer asking on numerous occasions if I was sure, because it was the very first time they had had that request, but I'm so glad I did!!
I think I'll have to make that request. Though I expect my dealer will not be surprised :whistle:

Will the dealers let me do this work at the dealership? Or would I have to take it home?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2017, 11:32 »
I doubt they'll allow you to use garage space. They are a bit sniffy allowing detailers on site never mind Joe public.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2017, 11:53 »
I would say no, I collected my car on the 1st this month and it was covered in swirl marks and a small scratch. I told them I was rejecting the car but they later agreed to pay a Detailer to correct the swirl marks and to do his best on the scratch at a cost of nearly £500 and on top of that I'm paying for a ceramic coating to be applied.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2017, 12:14 »
It might help if you identify the garage you are getting the car from someone may have experience of them, not all garages do a bad job. I purchased both my pp and R from a garage who employed ex professional detailers for their prep and were known to do a great job.  I wont do a recommend as the garage ownership has changed and I am not sure of their impact.
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2017, 15:10 »
It might help if you identify the garage you are getting the car from someone may have experience of them, not all garages do a bad job. I purchased both my pp and R from a garage who employed ex professional detailers for their prep and were known to do a great job.  I wont do a recommend as the garage ownership has changed and I am not sure of their impact.
Thanks for the suggestion vidman....I'm in Denmark so not sure you guys will be familiar with my local VW dealer.
Decided I'm going to get the car delivered unprepped without paint seal etc...even though it's free as part of the deal.
Then I'll give it a good going over at home following all the good detailing advice in here...it will be a nice 'bonding experience' :laugh: