Author Topic: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader  (Read 11713 times)

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Re: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader
« Reply #20 on: 20 March 2017, 21:09 »
Expensive car, but I rather like the wheels  :cool:

Are there any more pictures of that car? It's the colour I'm thinking of getting and it looks nice in that picture.

Offline phope

• I live here
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2017, 21:52 »
Expensive car, but I rather like the wheels  :cool:

I like them as well at that angle but it would be a pain bending down that low to see my car in its best view.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2017, 22:16 »
Thanks for that Phope. I like how it looks in the black compared to lapiz blue but not sure if its better than the pre-facelift. Looking at their facebook page, they just confirmed the pricing on the akropovic exhaust, quite expensive.

Here's the quote:

a lightweight titanium performance exhaust made by Akrapovič with honeycomb design which will cost £2,975 RRP

As expected everyone in the comments are saying its too much money for that.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 20 March 2017, 22:17 »
Another view of the Speilberg wheels with dirty tyres on Lapiz Blue  :cool:

VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 20 March 2017, 22:51 »
Seems a lot of sour grapes going on here. Speibergs are not horrendous! Neither is the digital display, Think when you see one in the flesh (with Silver prets-Not Black!!!) Opinions may change? But understand if you own a MK7 R
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2017, 23:07 »
Seems a lot of sour grapes going on here. Speibergs are not horrendous! Neither is the digital display, Think when you see one in the flesh (with Silver prets-Not Black!!!) Opinions may change? But understand if you own a MK7 R

In your opinion.

I don't like them. The prets are the only ones to spec - in my opinion.  :wink:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 20 March 2017, 23:42 »
For me it was a 50/50 decision on the Speilbergs or the Black Pretorias. I think the Speilbergs look great and really make the R different. What sold it for me with the black Pretorias, was the video of the review posted here taken in a German showroom. The car had the black Pretorias and I thought it looked amazing.

Secondly, it looks like the Performance Golf R which I like as well! One thing for sure is that whatever wheels someone specifies, their car will look terrific. Individuality is good  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 21 March 2017, 10:09 by sam67GTD »
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 March 2017, 10:02 »

There's a lot of that.  It's very amusing to read current R owners slating the facelift because it now makes their car out of date - get over it, cars get updated all the time!  I remember buying a mk 5 GTI - one month later they updated the rear lights (which looked much better) - that's life!  Some of the comments on here are ridiculous e.g. it's the same car.  What?  New front end, new front lights, new rear lights, new 19" alloys available (which look great), new virtual cockpit dash, new larger infotainment screen (which includes gesture control which is a first isn't it?), an additional 10bhp meaning a 0.3 sec increase in 0-60 times, AND the new 7 speed DSG gearbox.  It's a significant upgrade.  Think it looks great.

Paying 40 grand for it though is complete madness!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 21 March 2017, 10:19 »

There's a lot of that.  It's very amusing to read current R owners slating the facelift because it now makes their car out of date - get over it, cars get updated all the time!  I remember buying a mk 5 GTI - one month later they updated the rear lights (which looked much better) - that's life!  Some of the comments on here are ridiculous e.g. it's the same car.  What?  New front end, new front lights, new rear lights, new 19" alloys available (which look great), new virtual cockpit dash, new larger infotainment screen (which includes gesture control which is a first isn't it?), an additional 10bhp meaning a 0.3 sec increase in 0-60 times, AND the new 7 speed DSG gearbox.  It's a significant upgrade.  Think it looks great.

£40,000 for a Golf!!.....I think I would go for an S3 for that price or even a pre owned RS3 ( all be it a couple of years old )

Paying 40 grand for it though is complete madness!