Author Topic: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader  (Read 11722 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Facelift Golf R seen on Autotrader
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2017, 17:36 »
Particularly so if current depreciation trends continue and that car is worth £21-22k after two years.

But that's the way the market must be heading.
Add 5 doors, met paint, DSG, Prets and DCC (which seem to be almost de rigeur R options before we get into the luxury stuff) and what is the list price of an R at?
£40k headline price probably doesn't feature until you're looking at the new car tax regs to a lot of buyers.
"How much is it a month?" Is as far as it gets most likely.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 20 March 2017, 18:18 »
Well I was looking at a 5 Door one in Deep Black, DSG and Dynaudio and it ended up at £35,055. DTD have the lowest so far at £29,687 which seems like a good price.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2017, 18:29 »
I was looking to get a new Golf R too but these pictures have put me off a bit. The 7 speed gearbox will be a plus, anyone know if the exhaust sound is better? I know the S3 facelift got some good exhaust noises now.

Yeah don't get me started on used car prices CraigW. No pictures yet but here's a 66 plate Golf R with 11k miles on it for £37k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703022827251?

I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that the new face lift Golf R comes with an akrapovic exhaust
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2017, 18:37 »
The acrapovic can be ordered as an accessory. Not sure if that includes the UK though.
There's also a particularly expensive looking Performance Pack being mooted for those that want to push their R properly north of £40k! 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2017, 18:40 »
I can't see the Akropovic exhaust on the VW Configurator but I did hear about the rumoured Performance Pack. VW made a video about it too. It looks like all Golf R's come with the Virtual Cockpit for free so that's good I guess.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2017, 19:18 »
I can't see the Akropovic exhaust on the VW Configurator but I did hear about the rumoured Performance Pack. VW made a video about it too. It looks like all Golf R's come with the Virtual Cockpit for free so that's good I guess.
http://www.volkswagen.de/content/medialib/vwd4/de/dialog/pdf/golf-a7-pa/golf-r_variant-rkatalog/_jcr_content/renditions/rendition.download_attachment.file/golf-r_katalog.pdf

Scroll down the page a little and you'll see it.
Not a VW UK option *yet*
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 March 2017, 19:29 »
Expensive car, but I rather like the wheels  :cool:

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 March 2017, 19:59 »
they look a lot better in that pic to be fair. Maybe its the black paintwork... which looks very nice there too!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 March 2017, 20:14 »
they look a lot better in that pic to be fair. Maybe its the black paintwork... which looks very nice there too!

Agree Joe, it does look good in black in that picture. I think I'd still go for the optional Pretoria wheels though as I'm not a fan of diamond cut alloys and I prefer the design of the Prets.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2017, 20:21 »
Agree Joe, it does look good in black in that picture. I think I'd still go for the optional Pretoria wheels though as I'm not a fan of diamond cut alloys and I prefer the design of the Prets.

+1 to the prets.

I saw a very clean 3 door Lapiz with silver Prets at the weekend and it was perfection.