Author Topic: Four Wheel Alignment  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
Four Wheel Alignment
« on: 14 March 2017, 19:04 »
I've been reading a lot about having to reset the ACC following wheel alignment. Can anyone substantiate this from their own experience please.

Turbocharged and liking it...

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Four Wheel Alignment
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2017, 19:36 »
Can't say I've heard that, but realignment of the radar is an expensive operation...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2017, 16:45 »
Shirley that's balls. Links to all these discussions?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2017, 19:18 »
I have had my R lowered onto Eibach springs and had a full 4 wheel alignment on a hunter machine, no issues with ACC.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2017, 12:26 »
I have had my R lowered onto Eibach springs and had a full 4 wheel alignment on a hunter machine, no issues with ACC.

Likewise on my GTI. The only other thing that needed adjusting after lowering was the headlight aim - ACC works absolutely fine.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2017, 21:34 »
When I had mine realigned (standard height) the guy at the garage said he needed to advise me that the sensor would need to be checked along with the lane assist camera. They didn't have the kit to do it but knew somewhere that does and they will charge around £600 to reset everything.

I was only having the toe changed slightly so I told him to crack on as I'm sure that adjusting that wouldn't affect the sensors and as far as I can tell I was right. Everything will works just as it should.

The receipt has written on the bottom that the ACC sensor has not been adjusted.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2017, 13:33 »
When I had mine realigned (standard height) the guy at the garage said he needed to advise me that the sensor would need to be checked along with the lane assist camera. They didn't have the kit to do it but knew somewhere that does and they will charge around £600 to reset everything.

I was only having the toe changed slightly so I told him to crack on as I'm sure that adjusting that wouldn't affect the sensors and as far as I can tell I was right. Everything will works just as it should.

The receipt has written on the bottom that the ACC sensor has not been adjusted.

Is that how VW are going to recoup their dieselgate losses? What an absolute joke and a load of nonsense! It wouldn't be quite so bad if the technology actually worked properly :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2017, 10:50 »
Only time I had to have ACC recalibrate was when a pheasant decided to head but the sensor, interestingly this is not fixed price and I actually got that done for a reasoable price from my dealer.

I think from memory I was about £300