Author Topic: Shell Super, Clubsport S  (Read 5243 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: Shell Super, Clubsport S
« Reply #20 on: 23 March 2017, 10:17 »
V Power or Momentum for me and if I cannot get either and need a splash and dash BP Ultimate (which Revo once recommended if I could not get full fat 98)

Both of ours are stock these days so I am not as obsessive as I used to be when running modified cars

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 23 March 2017, 11:03 »
V Power or Momentum for me and if I cannot get either and need a splash and dash BP Ultimate (which Revo once recommended if I could not get full fat 98)

Both of ours are stock these days so I am not as obsessive as I used to be when running modified cars

Dito on the modified bit lol I must admit iv used Tesco momentum 99 Ron since day 1 in my 16 Gti not able to compare with anything else but iv had no issues and Tbh that's what il continue to use even though it's slightly more expensive can't see the point having a performance car and running cheapest fuel but that's just me  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 23 March 2017, 11:08 »
In reality it is Momentum for me 80% of the time as that is my local brew

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 23 March 2017, 11:31 »
In reality it is Momentum for me 80% of the time as that is my local brew

Yeah same here but Tesco's local to work bout 1/4 mile away so it's a no brainer as the other alternative to home is Morrisons lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2017, 11:51 »
Please please please don't use morrisons fuel, I see standard cars pulling up to 9 degrees of timing on that, which equates to around 15bhp. Maybe its just our local one but who knows.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 23 March 2017, 13:43 »
Please please please don't use morrisons fuel, I see standard cars pulling up to 9 degrees of timing on that, which equates to around 15bhp. Maybe its just our local one but who knows.

Is that the one in Burntwood?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 24 March 2017, 08:25 »
Does Sainsbury's have a super unleaded 97 of 98 Ron fuel. Sure i read somewhere they did.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 24 March 2017, 08:44 »
 I have always used either Shell V Power ( Optimax as it was once known) or Tesco Momentum in my previous cars and now in the GTI P/P. Did put some 'new' V Power Nitro in the other day and to be honest, didn't feel any different to Momentum, and it was 6p a ltr dearer.But the people in the know say you have to fill the tank a couple of times for the ECU to adjust. Whether this is true I am yet to be convinced.

Offline Mustabuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 24 March 2017, 12:59 »

Thanks for that. I didn't understand what you meant about the timing so I looked it up. I think I'll switch to my local BP from now.
Jan '17: Golf mk7 GTI PP
5 dr, DSG, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago wheels.

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 24 March 2017, 20:31 »
Does Sainsbury's have a super unleaded 97 of 98 Ron fuel. Sure i read somewhere they did.

Sainsburys have proper 97 Ron, not additive boosted but not sure if all stations have it.