Author Topic: Clubsport S on new series of Top Gear THIS SUNDAY, WOO HOO!!  (Read 10772 times)

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
Top 12 preview of next Top Gear series which starts soon shows Sabine and Rory in a Clubsport S at the 'ring at number 10.

It's the grey (yes grey!) German press car that did the rounds here in the summer confusing everyone as they only come in red/white/black.

Some may have seen the vague You Tube footage of this car in the paddock at the 'ring in October.  The support cars were UK reg but it wasn't specified who was making the film, now we know.

Should be good!
« Last Edit: 15 March 2017, 21:27 by volkswizard »

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: Clubsport S on new series of Top Gear
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2017, 12:04 »
The trailers look rather good for this series and I am looking forward to it as it looks a bit more car focused now that GT was

Sabine at the helm of the CSS should be good fun to watch

Offline GT4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2017, 07:40 »
Sabine in a CS-S at the Ring ... I wonder if she's going to have a crack at Benny's Lap Record - she would probably break it given the right conditions - let's just hope the reviews are positive in comparison with her own mule, the 997 GT3 RS !!!

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2017, 16:06 »
Look forward to seeing that.

:cool:
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2017, 21:26 »
THIS SUNDAY   :laugh:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Currently 17 Clubsport S for sale just on Pistonheads. Over 11% of all cars delivered up for sale on one site - hope the show gets people buying!!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
private sale prices  for CSS  on pistonheads making dealers prices a  absolute joke at the moment the model is not an appreciating asset at anything over the 40k....    It was when they first came out in december  now its not, prices will recover  may take some time for the ones sold for 45k and above and there where a few.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Watching the show now. The sound is terrible!

Edit: So the CSS is a 2 seat track car. Was it really able to keep up with those other cars? Hmmmm.....???

... why don't they have Sabine as one of the Top Gear presenters? I like Joey (Matt Leblanc)... Chris Harris ... I get that. Who is the other guy? They are trying to form another trio. Does that last guy have the personality?

Er... I didn't watch the last series. She was a presenter.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2017, 23:12 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
The other guy did a review in 2014 of the GTI PP which both my wife and I thought,after watching countless others, excellent. I believe he had his own youtube channel but I can be corrected on that. I reckon after last season they have a decent set of presenters. Jesus even the Mrs enjoyed it.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
The other guy did a review in 2014 of the GTI PP ...
Here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylROYGM-eQE

Good enough review, but Top Gear is as much about the presenter personalities as it is about the cars. This guy doesn't have the screen presence for a show like Top Gear. He would be better on the Gadget Show. Though I suppose the same could be argued for James May. :undecided:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS