Author Topic: Soundaktor disconnection  (Read 17804 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Soundaktor disconnection
« Reply #50 on: 23 May 2017, 21:37 »
I've been having some great fun with my obdeleven pro, what a fantastic bit of kit... I turned off the soundactor (but then missed it so turned it back up to 30% haha), increased lane change indicators to 4 and turned on Scandinavian DRLs. On this last change, is it right that the light dial always shows that the lights are on (i.e. a green light even on 'O') and the interior lights (footwell, led door strips etc) are always on too? Cheers, Andy

You do have a Mk7 yes? On mine I don't get any green light to say the lights are on.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Tamzildj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #51 on: 23 May 2017, 21:43 »
What is the obdeleven pro? I've seen it mentioned a few times.

Online andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #52 on: 23 May 2017, 22:12 »
I've got a facelift/7.5 GTI but don't think I explained myself very well tbh. I didn't mean a light on the dash, I meant on the rotary light selector switch. Before I messed, I thought that the sidelights symbol on the rotary switch would turn green if my lights came on but would be a yellowy/orange colour if they were off under "Auto" or completely unlit if "0" was selected. Now it seems to be green all of the time.

Don't worry, I think I might turn it back off temporarily to check if I'm going mad!

Tamzildj - OBDeleven is a clever Bluetooth enabled device which allows you to make changes to the settings in your car and perform diagnostics (the pro version gives more features and is the one to go for). Booth11 has helpfully included some links earlier in this thread
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Tamzildj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 23 May 2017, 22:29 »
I've got a facelift/7.5 GTI but don't think I explained myself very well tbh. I didn't mean a light on the dash, I meant on the rotary light selector switch. Before I messed, I thought that the sidelights symbol on the rotary switch would turn green if my lights came on but would be a yellowy/orange colour if they were off under "Auto" or completely unlit if "0" was selected. Now it seems to be green all of the time.

Don't worry, I think I might turn it back off temporarily to check if I'm going mad!

Tamzildj - OBDeleven is a clever Bluetooth enabled device which allows you to make changes to the settings in your car and perform diagnostics (the pro version gives more features and is the one to go for). Booth11 has helpfully included some links earlier in this thread

I must look into that, cheers. I take it everything is reversible as it's a lease car and will be going back in 4 years?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 23 May 2017, 22:39 »
I take it everything is reversible as it's a lease car and will be going back in 4 years?

Everything is reversible, and the history of any adaptations you do is stored in the obdeleven history files. However I would advise you to keep a record of any adaptations you make, particularly is you get the Pro version and make changes with coding rather than the 'apps', so you have a back up record should you need it. It's a fantastic bit of kit for a fraction of the price of vcds.  The obdeleven app is only available for Android devices but if you are not an Android user, a cheap tablet can be picked up for obdeleven duty.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Tamzildj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 23 May 2017, 23:49 »
Thanks booth, looks like a cool piece of kit and well worth it at that price. I have an Android phone, so it's ideal.

Offline spider62

• Not said much yet
« Reply #56 on: 24 May 2017, 09:28 »
I have also set up the Scandinavian DRLs with VCDS and can confirm that the "0" is always lit green as the sidelights are always switched on with the ignition. I have also coded out the number plate lights with just DRLs.
GTI PP MK7,LSG,DCC,Winter Pack,Kenwood GNV-MIB1 + VCDS Mods

Online andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #57 on: 24 May 2017, 20:33 »
Thanks spider, I'm glad I wasn't going completely mad. I'll have a look at coding out the number plate lights too
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 24 May 2017, 20:41 »
Thanks spider, I'm glad I wasn't going completely mad. I'll have a look at coding out the number plate lights too

I thought you meant in the clock cluster :rolleyes: sorry and yes I do have the switch control.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Online andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #59 on: 24 May 2017, 21:12 »
No worries, I didn't think I had explained myself very well!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190