Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 539353 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1050 on: 24 May 2017, 20:42 »
Looking good Watts 😆 hoping to get mine done saturday weather pending heard it's forcast rain but il keep my fingers crossed for overcast as I'm in the same boat plenty of room on the drive but no shade after 8am mite be an early start lol

Cheers Neil mate, getting it out of the way early is good, leaves the afternoon for beer and crisps :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1051 on: 24 May 2017, 21:42 »
Looking good Watts 😆 hoping to get mine done saturday weather pending heard it's forcast rain but il keep my fingers crossed for overcast as I'm in the same boat plenty of room on the drive but no shade after 8am mite be an early start lol

Cheers Neil mate, getting it out of the way early is good, leaves the afternoon for beer and crisps :whistle:

Now why didn't I think of that lol  :shocked: thanks Peter
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1052 on: 24 May 2017, 22:19 »

getting it out of the way early is good, leaves the afternoon for beer and crisps :whistle:

With you on that, I have an aversion to cleaning the car in the afternoon, so unless I can get an earlish start I won't bother.  Plus it gives you more time to tinker with a few bits after the clean is out of the way.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1053 on: 25 May 2017, 14:25 »

getting it out of the way early is good, leaves the afternoon for beer and crisps :whistle:

With you on that, I have an aversion to cleaning the car in the afternoon, so unless I can get an earlish start I won't bother.  Plus it gives you more time to tinker with a few bits after the clean is out of the way.

Only if 'tinker with a few bits' is code for the aforementioned beer and crisps :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1054 on: 25 May 2017, 15:37 »

Only if 'tinker with a few bits' is code for the aforementioned beer and crisps :wink:

Tinkering = a long stay on 'Sofa Island'  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1055 on: 25 May 2017, 17:35 »
I would rather clean the car later in the day. Get the jobs out of the way that are likely to cause a mess first. Grass and hedge cutting makes dust. Also having to move the car out of the way to do the garden jobs would mean having to drive in socks with shoes held out of an open drivers door in order not to bring anything onto the freshly hoovered mats.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1056 on: 25 May 2017, 18:09 »
I would rather clean the car later in the day. Get the jobs out of the way that are likely to cause a mess first. Grass and hedge cutting makes dust. Also having to move the car out of the way to do the garden jobs would mean having to drive in socks with shoes held out of an open drivers door in order not to bring anything onto the freshly hoovered mats.

Allocate garden and car jobs to separate days if time permits?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1057 on: 25 May 2017, 18:13 »

How about a large delivery of hot tarmac?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1058 on: 25 May 2017, 18:25 »

Or a tree surgeon using a woodchipper on the driveway.  Fortunately I foresaw the terror and parked the car about half a mile downwind from the sawdust.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1059 on: 26 May 2017, 08:05 »

The new house in the planning will have it's drive and garaging some way from the green stuff.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.