Author Topic: GTD timing belt change period?  (Read 16978 times)

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD timing belt change period?
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2014, 15:06 »
I swear mine is a CBBB engine, EGR is at the front, oil filler cap to the left if looking from the front at the engine.

Off the top of my head

CBBB EGR is at the front Oil cap left
CFGB EGR is at the rear with the  EGR Cooler and Oil cap is on the Right

My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2014, 20:44 »
Nearly starts a new topic of why change it? I have had the EGR replaced under warranty as it was leaking.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2014, 22:06 »
Nearly starts a new topic of why change it? I have had the EGR replaced under warranty as it was leaking.

I think it is more efficient for the engine to have the EGR/EGR cooler in one unit rather than the EGR and Throttle value arrangement on the intake manifold and EGR cooler on its own.

From 2010-11 The Jetta, Golf diesel, and Audi A3 TDI have a more complicated EGR system. The low pressure EGR gasses are filtered before being sent through the cooler and back into the intake. The high pressure gasses go straight from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve and into the intake. The low pressure is used more at higher engine rpm and load. It's too new to know long term reliability but it should be relatively maintenance free because of cleaner fuel and less carbon buildup in the intake.
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2014, 22:29 »
I have a CBBB and I'm on 69K and the car is a 59 plate, when should I get the cambelt done? I know a local mechanic who quoted me £140 if I provide all the parts, he's been doing cambelts on diesels for 20 years as all the local taxis go to him, will it effect resale value if I don't get it done at VW?
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 June 2014, 22:53 »
I have a CBBB and I'm on 69K and the car is a 59 plate, when should I get the cambelt done? I know a local mechanic who quoted me £140 if I provide all the parts, he's been doing cambelts on diesels for 20 years as all the local taxis go to him, will it effect resale value if I don't get it done at VW?
Not sure I was lead to believe the Earlier cars was a four year 80k limit.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #15 on: 01 June 2014, 23:04 »
 :sad: looks like another expense yay  :sad:
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust