Author Topic: Budget Audio Recommendations  (Read 3119 times)

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
Re: Budget Audio Recommendations
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2005, 22:28 »
I don't want to disagree too much with Dizzie here but that much cash for RCAs is really not necessary.
2 pairs of Stinger RCAs from CAD will do the job nicely which are ran the opposite side from the power cables and a good earth point is all you need for interference noise free stereo  :smiley:
James

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #11 on: 21 October 2005, 12:11 »
I suppose budget doesn't need decent RCA's but if the extra money was spent it'd make a difference. Hell I guess you could even make do with a £20-30 autoleads amp wiring kit! Strawberry bootlaces and all :grin:

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2005, 12:38 »
I know some guys in SQ competitions wouldn't spend that much on RCAs and Stinger RCAs are more than capable, you will not hear the difference on a budget install with silly priced RCAs, I wouldn't hear the difference on my install which is not a budget install but it's also not a rediculously expensive one either.

I'd also buy this as it's more than capable as a wiring kit

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4192&cadid=ebab93e74048d9eb718217e57e3027f3

And it is not bootlace cabling  :wink:

If you want to pay over the odds for very slightly thicker power/earth cable then so be it  :grin:

This guy is on a budget so why spend silly money.

James

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2005, 19:42 »
got a sony 4 channel 1000W mosfet one if you want it for 100 quid. its f**kin huge  :grin:
:)