Author Topic: Which one?  (Read 2022 times)

Offline +49

• Here all the time
Which one?
« on: 06 September 2011, 17:47 »
Hi guys I'm on the verge of the first change to the standard 1999 Gamma GTI sound system in the mk4's (which isn't that bad)

First thing is the headunit as i've been told on here by you guys its the single most dramatic mod to the sound for the money?Plus I really need somthing with AUX for my galaxy CD's are so 1990's  :grin:

The main thing that wanted was somthing that suited the OEM plain look of the mk4's interior and ligthing and decided on the

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_801713_langId_-1_categoryId_165474#dtab

Which is on offer and think is the best looking match to the interior regardless of price plus pioneer allways put out good quailty stuff.Has AUX which of course is what I need.

Then I saw this :

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_774697_categoryId_165474_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1#dtab

Which is a bigger reduction but don't think looks as smooth or well suited to the pioneer but its not far at all with the red/blue.The only majour thing is it has USB! which thinking  about it now means I can get a cheap 8gb stick it in there and not worry about AUX cables all over the place etc and I can scroll from the actually headunit! (which I dont' think you can do in AUX)

Now the sonys less output at 4x/45 vs 4x50 of the pioneer..But is there anything else I haven't noticed which will give better sound quailty in your expert ICE eyes?Both even? If so even tho I prefer the looks of the pioneer I think i'ma go for the Sony!

thanks for any advise!

Offline +49

• Here all the time
Re: Which one?
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2011, 16:12 »
Did I kill everyone in the Audio section with my thread? :(

:grin: :grin:

Offline nathgolfpologolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2011, 21:42 »
i think the sony looks wise is better and the usb is a major advantage! :smiley:
i'd rather push a vw than drive a french car!

Offline +49

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2011, 14:35 »
i think the sony looks wise is better and the usb is a major advantage! :smiley:

Yeah that's what i was thinking bout the USB..

dunno bout looks you think it looks better dude?

Think ima go for it just from my previous ICE experiance people tell me pioneer and alpine and a bit better than sony but i'm not sure at this entry level which is better quailty sound.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2011, 15:13 »
Think ima go for it just from my previous ICE experiance people tell me pioneer and alpine and a bit better than sony but i'm not sure at this entry level which is better quailty sound.

You won't know about the sound quality unless you listen to both units through the same speakers.

My personal preference would be the Pioneer, ICE is not Sony's strong point.