Author Topic: Cusins 2001 VW Polo  (Read 1301 times)

Offline 1995GTI

• Not said much yet
Cusins 2001 VW Polo
« on: 20 July 2009, 23:19 »
My cusin has bought a 2001 Polo. There is already speakers in the front doors but just arent good enough, there is a cd player already installed.

Can you buy better speakers and just pop them straight in? Or do you need amps and stuff like that?

I am a technical idiot so i dont have a clue!  :sad:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Cusins 2001 VW Polo
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2009, 15:47 »
You can buy better spearkers and just pop them in, but, make sure there the right size to actually fit in the door lol...you'll only see an improvement if your speakers are a higher watt then your old ones and your head unit can handle the output.

you can take the expensive route of buying an amp and running your speakers off that.

Hopes this helps :)

Offline 1995GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2009, 17:21 »
Does any1 know how many watts that standard door speakers would be? Thanks

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2009, 15:25 »
Take them out and have a look on the back...it's a five minute job if that!!

Usually pretty poor and will just end up breaking (thats from my experience)

What to do is to take one of the door speakers out and go to your local car audio shop and say you want a speaker like this one just with better watts. I got some JVC 210watts in my Golf, pretty loud. On the back of the box on JVC's they sometimes have a measurement guide to compare the sizes to make sure your getting the right ones. It's really simple..

Good Luck!

Offline Red_Tekk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2009, 09:13 »
Higher Wattage doesn't always mean better sound. It only refers to the power output (volume)

If your headunit outputs 45w RMS per channel and you have 50w RMS speakers in there already, just putting in a 100w RMS pair of cheap speakers is not really going to improve your sound...

I would suggest buying some decent Alpine or Infinity components, with the hope to one day put an amp in the car to power them!