Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529485 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #100 on: 12 October 2015, 22:17 »

Thanks Rebecca for another detailed response. I expected nothing less. :smiley:

I think I'll try a clay cloth as well as a bar.  Talking of Carpro.....Here's a few towels I bought last week by Carpro.

Of course I'll post some pics when I've finished my Winter prep.

What great colour coordination.  You've missed your calling as a fashion/interior designer Rob.  They look very soft. Can I have the MAOM chew, lol.

I find the clay cloths easier for the contours of the car.  Let us know which you prefer if you try both. And I know you'll give us some good reviews on your purchases.

Very much look forward to hearing how you get on and the accompanying pics.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 October 2015, 22:19 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #101 on: 12 October 2015, 22:31 »
The Moma is long gone I'm afraid. Bought the cloths from Dooka detailing and they always pop a little sweetie in with your order. Top customer service!  :grin:

I'll be doing a review of the Gyeon Silk Dryer soon. I need to use it a few more times before I make up my mind though.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 13 October 2015, 08:37 »
Look forward to the review Booth, sounds good, just need to convince the Mrs that £100 for a filter is money well spent next!

Oooh a WoWo Clay Mitt eh? I've been really impressed with my Farecla G3 one, could do with a refresh, I assume you'll be reviewing that too?

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: 13 October 2015, 09:55 »
Quick wash and wax yesterday seeing as the weather has stayed nice. Products used are as follows:

Karcher K4 ecologic
Valet Pro Ph Neutral snow foam
Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Hard Candy Panel Pot
Britemax twins
Auto Glym Tire Dressing
Poor Boys Wheel Sealant

Oh and the excellent Wo Wo Lambswool Mitt, Wo Wo Microfibre Mitt, Wo Wo Drying Towel and Wheel Woolies

The result

Need to now try Dodo Juice Purple haze to see if the blue really pops.

Neil

Neil, your car looks amazing! Glad to see we are well represented  :cool:

Cheers

Neil

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #104 on: 13 October 2015, 10:00 »
Look forward to the review Booth, sounds good, just need to convince the Mrs that £100 for a filter is money well spent next!

Oooh a WoWo Clay Mitt eh? I've been really impressed with my Farecla G3 one, could do with a refresh, I assume you'll be reviewing that too?

We're really hoping that the clay mitt will stand up to Becs rigourous testing! It has relatively unique features which I'm hoping will be great addition to the WOWO prep collection.

Watch this space for a 'new products' giveaway.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #105 on: 13 October 2015, 11:21 »
The Moma is long gone I'm afraid. Bought the cloths from Dooka detailing and they always pop a little sweetie in with your order. Top customer service!  :grin:

I'll be doing a review of the Gyeon Silk Dryer soon. I need to use it a few more times before I make up my mind though.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Gyeon towel.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #106 on: 13 October 2015, 11:24 »

As Neil says, it a prototype clay mitt I'm testing.  So not yet available. I won't divulge my thoughts just yet.  :lipsrsealed:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #107 on: 13 October 2015, 11:28 »

We're really hoping that the clay mitt will stand up to Becs rigourous testing! It has relatively unique features which I'm hoping will be great addition to the WOWO prep collection.

Cheers

Neil

No pressure then. :laugh:

Hi Neil, should be able to give the feedback on the clay mitt after this weekend's session. I'll email it to you?

Quick question, I've used and will continue to use with a clay lube, but is it suitable for use with plain old water?  If so I'll try it with that too.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #108 on: 13 October 2015, 12:41 »

Cheers

Neil

No pressure then. :laugh:

Hi Neil, should be able to give the feedback on the clay mitt after this weekend's session. I'll email it to you?

Quick question, I've used and will continue to use with a clay lube, but is it suitable for use with plain old water?  If so I'll try it with that too.

Yes should be fine with both as per our clay bar. Be interested which method you'd recommend though.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #109 on: 25 October 2015, 15:04 »
Not exactly detailing. Used ODK 'Entourage' quick detailer for the first time this morning. I'm very impressed with the results. Not the best pictures but hopefully you get an idea. Is it better that Bouncer's Done & Dusted? It's too close to call as they're both excellent.

« Last Edit: 25 October 2015, 20:22 by Blackmass »