Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740921 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1200 on: 06 August 2014, 21:42 »
Time to buy a big stainless beast :smiley:

Since I disconnected my sound aktuator today I'm loving the sound of the standard exhaust, I'll admit a shiny stainless one would look nice though but thinking intake first but bought the remap this month so it'll have to wait  :smiley:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1201 on: 06 August 2014, 22:24 »

Tinted my rear reflectors slightly so they match my R lights  :cool:

Bottom is before, top is after

That looks good but it makes me uneasy how close you've parked to other cars :rolleyes:
I can't do car-park parking at all.  :embarrassed:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1202 on: 06 August 2014, 22:33 »
Looks great monsta, amazing such a small thing makes a big difference :cool:  Think I'm going to have to lurk around Whitefriars car park to get a look at this beauty  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1203 on: 07 August 2014, 00:09 »
Looks great monsta, amazing such a small thing makes a big difference :cool:  Think I'm going to have to lurk around Whitefriars car park to get a look at this beauty  :grin:

That's my car park of choice so I will have to keep a look out as need to make a few visits

Offline Ian.C

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1204 on: 07 August 2014, 16:15 »
Swapped over my DTUK module for one with some new beta maps.....AMAZING.......so much better.....much stronger pull right through the rev range. Really giving the LSD a workout now.!
Also thought id try one of those "PedalBox" units.....all I can say is wow....I know it doesn't give any more power, BUT it transforms the way the car feels.

Very happy.....it will just take a few days to get the perfect balance between the 2 modules and the cars driver profiles.

Ian
3 Door - Pure White - PP

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1205 on: 07 August 2014, 23:12 »
Swapped over my DTUK module for one with some new beta maps.....AMAZING.......so much better.....much stronger pull right through the rev range. Really giving the LSD a workout now.!
Also thought id try one of those "PedalBox" units.....all I can say is wow....I know it doesn't give any more power, BUT it transforms the way the car feels.

Very happy.....it will just take a few days to get the perfect balance between the 2 modules and the cars driver profiles.

Ian

Do DTUK have any figures or graphs for the new map?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1206 on: 07 August 2014, 23:33 »

Ian

Great...been waiting on someone with a pedal box. Worth the money for the quicker reaction times of acceleration?  Easy to fit? Have the dtuk box and keen on the p.b
« Last Edit: 07 August 2014, 23:35 by virginVWman »
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1207 on: 08 August 2014, 01:37 »
I've had the PedalBox for maybe nine months now(?) and posted a fair bit extolling its virtues when I fitted it.
It was the first thing I did to the car almost as having had Sprint Boosters in the past I know just how much better these devices make the car drive.
The P Box is really well made compared to the Sprint Booster I had on myMK5 & 6 and I'd recommend it 100%.
And as ever with Andrew you get a really quick turnaround and after sales.

I guess you could say all of these type devices are a fair bit of money but I'd just say buy one, run with it for a bit and then take it off again for a few days. You'll soon say it was money well spent and put it back on again!!!!

If you need any advice on fitting it and routing the cable out of sight and harms way just let me know.
Slightly fiddly job but only takes a few mins.

The new software on the FSR sounds interesting. I'll be keen to hear more about this.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ian.C

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1208 on: 08 August 2014, 14:59 »
Ive not really had time to drive it as ive been on nights and the weather has been terrible. First impressions are very good.....from the way it "feels" and the induction sound id say its using more boost than the original maps. Its certainly stronger mid range and hangs onto the power for longer.

Oil temps dont seem to be any higher.....

The pedal box almost eliminates any throttle hesitation and makes the car feel much sharper.
Ill give some more feedback when the weather gets better.

Ian
3 Door - Pure White - PP

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1209 on: 08 August 2014, 16:05 »
I've had the PedalBox for maybe nine months now(?) and posted a fair bit extolling its virtues when I fitted it.
It was the first thing I did to the car almost as having had Sprint Boosters in the past I know just how much better these devices make the car drive.
The P Box is really well made compared to the Sprint Booster I had on myMK5 & 6 and I'd recommend it 100%.
And as ever with Andrew you get a really quick turnaround and after sales.

I guess you could say all of these type devices are a fair bit of money but I'd just say buy one, run with it for a bit and then take it off again for a few days. You'll soon say it was money well spent and put it back on again!!!!

If you need any advice on fitting it and routing the cable out of sight and harms way just let me know.
Slightly fiddly job but only takes a few mins.

The new software on the FSR sounds interesting. I'll be keen to hear more about this.

Not bad at all, I must have missed that. Close to ordering it. What is it like on sport +?  its the most severe with the instant acceleration. Must be great for over taking or hoofing it in a race ha with dtuk box.
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)