Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740339 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1040 on: 28 May 2014, 13:41 »
Pro or normal nav? and i dont know why im asking, i have no space on my ipod and like the the lap timer, this is cool but pointless lol
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1041 on: 28 May 2014, 13:47 »
Pro or normal nav? and i dont know why im asking, i have no space on my ipod and like the the lap timer, this is cool but pointless lol

Pro, yip pretty pointless tbh but did take me by surprise when i stopped at the lights

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1042 on: 28 May 2014, 15:33 »
Tried out launch control....... yeeee hah!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1043 on: 02 June 2014, 10:11 »
As my Wife was away for the weekend, for the first time I went for a brilliant blast out in the GTI last night on my own round some local small A and B-Roads. Great fun! Just over 3000 miles on the clock now and the car loosening up very nicely! I love the way the car has a split personality, one minute it's a relaxed comfortable cruiser in 'Comfort' mode happily tootling in 'D' being pretty frugal, and then with a push of a button in my DCC equipped car you've got firmer suspension (but not too firm so that it ruins the ride), and manual control of the gearbox, and a wonderful engine that is torquey, but yet still revs out sweetly.

The calibration work that has gone on to this car is mighty clever! It might not be the fastest, or most focused car, but it's breadth of ability is remarkable.

Here are the stats from the drive:

If anybody is interested, I have my 'Individual' mode set up with everything in Comfort/Normal, but with Sport steering. I like to change between Sport mode and Individual based on the road conditions, but I do tend to leave it in 'Comfort' for every day driving. Eco has never been used!

Criticisms? It's been documented on here quite a lot, but I'm really not a fan of the Bridgestone Potenza S001's. I often find that in 2nd gear at about 3500-4000rpm, a full boot of acceleration causes the traction control light to flash and for it to momentarily interrupt the power, even in the dry and in warm conditions. I just feel that this shouldn't be the case with the levels of power and torque on offer (not huge by any standards). Other than that, I love the car. A brilliant all rounder!

I also gave it another wash on Saturday, and I'm also glad I went for TR.

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1044 on: 02 June 2014, 10:13 »
sitting lower

black washer bottle cap

« Last Edit: 02 June 2014, 18:20 by wigit »

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #1045 on: 02 June 2014, 19:32 »
Those wheels look better on the car every time I see them. Looks good sat lower aswell.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1046 on: 02 June 2014, 19:45 »
Looking awesome, just saw the pics on AKS FB page and thought it may be your car  :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1047 on: 02 June 2014, 20:22 »
Looks amazing wigit  :cool:

So that's a map and lowering so far, I doubt that's the end of it.  New wheels next?  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1048 on: 02 June 2014, 20:28 »
Lovin the mirrors and front lip Andy! Really suits it imo, nice drop too. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1049 on: 02 June 2014, 21:38 »
Car back to dealers to get the vandal scratch painted got a scirocco to use for a couple of days.