Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739500 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #520 on: 20 January 2014, 13:29 »
Signing the finance docs today. Anything to watch out for?

Cheers

Not particularly but just check the figures and make sure its what you agreed before you sign. Also check to make sure that all the options you specced are listed and nothing is missing.  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #521 on: 20 January 2014, 13:32 »
Signing the finance docs today. Anything to watch out for?

Cheers

Aye, make sure the salesperson doesn’t sneak Autoglym, GAP, tyre/alloy insurance etc into the financial docs if you don’t want them (can be bought far more cheaply elsewhere). Go over the finance forms with a fine-toothed comb, and if you want the service pack, make sure they offer it as the £199 price for taking out VW finance and not the dearer price for cash buyers.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #522 on: 20 January 2014, 15:56 »
Sorted. Wondered why it was £165 more... Forgot about adding the camera!
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #523 on: 20 January 2014, 19:24 »
Noticed again how thin the lacquer looks on the Austins and how I really have no confidence in the long term durability of their finish. The lacquer almost looks like crazy paving in places but probably not bad enough to warrant a dealer visit despite how well cared for they are (and boy are they a pain in the arse to clean).
Also noticed again that the NSR brake calliper is flaking more paint, again despite very good care.
Will possibly get a touch up pen in flat red to keep on top of it.

PS, does anybody know how much dealer discounts are available on VW accessories? My dealer is as tight as a ducks posterior so I'll have to search further afield...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #524 on: 20 January 2014, 20:49 »
Noticed again how thin the lacquer looks on the Austins and how I really have no confidence in the long term durability of their finish. The lacquer almost looks like crazy paving in places but probably not bad enough to warrant a dealer visit despite how well cared for they are (and boy are they a pain in the arse to clean).

Last time I had polished diamond cut wheels, they were on my MK5 GT (Hockenheims or Interlagos, can't remember), and they got the dreaded whiteworm on 2 years old, as did the boot opener/badge foil, and the foils on the wheel centre caps. Time will tell if we will be suffering cosmetic corrosion. All replaced under warrranty by Pulman after Benfield bottled it, worrying VW would not reimburse if they replaced under warranty.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #525 on: 25 January 2014, 14:43 »
Today I drove my car back from Bcs grinning all the way, car sounds amazing and noticeably faster, top job!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #526 on: 25 January 2014, 15:52 »
Today I drove my car back from Bcs grinning all the way, car sounds amazing and noticeably faster, top job!

Get some vids up!

Today I've been playing around with VCDS. Mostly on the missus Leon though.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #527 on: 25 January 2014, 15:57 »

Get some vids up!

Today I've been playing around with VCDS. Mostly on the missus Leon though.

It's a Powervalve so you don't make noise just revving it on standstill, nige at bcs however has done some vids earlier today so keep your eye out for them, but it's brilliant there's no other word for it, got a nice burble to it when you start up and it bellows deeper when your plodding along but nothing too intrusive. Then you put your foot down...:smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #528 on: 25 January 2014, 16:53 »
Today I washed it, it rained mid-way so I gave up..... until 1hr later.... I got all the gear back out and finished it off lol.
Topped up Aquawax and plan to apply glass polish tomorrow along with tyre dressing...
ready for next weeks motorway commuting :)
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #529 on: 25 January 2014, 18:21 »
Today I managed to get a good clean in

Then I fitted new bulbs to the static Corning lights and LED's to the sun visor lights.

MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger