Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2762936 times)

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #400 on: 04 January 2014, 13:20 »
Took car to shark for a pre-bcs dyno run. Made 243 so very impressed.

That is very impressive Graham, you should be pleased with that! Do you have a print out?

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #401 on: 04 January 2014, 13:35 »
No ill get a before and after one when I get my exhaust fitted end of the month
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #402 on: 04 January 2014, 15:57 »
Fitted reverse LEDs, vast improvement in the dark I must say. Also bought some hammerite black paint to do my rusting brake/hub centre thingys that happens on all cars but I think it's unsightly. Also received some carbon vinyl cill protectors but probably going to do both Sunday.

Ok so fecked up the vinyl cill protectors. Does anyone know of any others?

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #403 on: 05 January 2014, 22:29 »
Today I went for a nice drive, loving the GTi more and more but the 19" alloy wheels are a pain in the backside to clean.
Luckily I have a set of wheel woolies brushes to help  :smiley:

The forecast was rain but I managed to wash, dry, apply AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, apply alloy wheel protection followed by alloy wheel wax before the clouds opened up - result!  :laugh:

The car is like new with a silky smooth body ready for the rain repelling tomorrow lol.
The dealership did a fantastic job applying AutoGlym LifeShine, bodywork is still swirl free.  :cool:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #404 on: 05 January 2014, 22:56 »
Dtuk tuning box fitted over the weekend. First and possibly only mod to my gti...... Or not  :grin:

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #405 on: 06 January 2014, 08:48 »
Today I went for a nice drive, loving the GTi more and more but the 19" alloy wheels are a pain in the backside to clean.
Luckily I have a set of wheel woolies brushes to help  :smiley:

The forecast was rain but I managed to wash, dry, apply AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, apply alloy wheel protection followed by alloy wheel wax before the clouds opened up - result!  :laugh:

The car is like new with a silky smooth body ready for the rain repelling tomorrow lol.
The dealership did a fantastic job applying AutoGlym LifeShine, bodywork is still swirl free.  :cool:

Perfect start in life to keep it looking good! Just a quick tip if you don't mind... SRP is an all in one Polish/Glaze/Wax so it will degrade the lifeshine sealant quicker than you might expect. The best thing to do would be just to wash it and apply a spray wax/quick detailer after each wash. My recommendation is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer as its water/dirt repellent properties are the best I've ever seen in 5-6 years of serious enthusiastic detailing!

Let me know if you want any more details, always happy to help!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #406 on: 06 January 2014, 14:29 »
Replaced the reversing light bulbs with LED ones  :smiley:

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #407 on: 06 January 2014, 16:04 »

Which ones did you go for mate?

Also, has anyone removed the badges from the wings? Was hoping to take them off when mine finally arrives

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #408 on: 06 January 2014, 16:15 »

Which ones did you go for mate?

Also, has anyone removed the badges from the wings? Was hoping to take them off when mine finally arrives

There not as bad as they first seem, you get used to the badges after a while and i would worry about damaging the car taking them off.

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #409 on: 06 January 2014, 16:37 »
There not as bad as they first seem, you get used to the badges after a while and i would worry about damaging the car taking them off.

Yeah, maybe I'll give them some time to see if they'll grow on me. I've taken the odd badge off before...I was very careful!