Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2763347 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #360 on: 25 December 2013, 18:15 »
Got some rubber mats today so I've fitted them. Think they're a lot better than the carpet ones personally. Let me know if anyone's bothered and I'll take some photos over the next days.

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #361 on: 25 December 2013, 19:51 »
I let my dad have a shot when we dropped my granddad off after Christmas dinner.

So we went for a 20 mins outing and my dad loves the drive...and the gadgets. I had a BMW previously and whilst my dad says he prefers the look of the BMW he says he much prefers the interior and drive of the GTI.

I also stuck it in sport mode on the dual carriageway and he had a blast. He clearly remembers the track day we had with a Porsche about 4 years ago when they left the 911 in 3rd gear whilst hammering it. On this occasion dad left it in 4th and revved the bollo**s out of it and got close to a ton in it.....his conclusion "that is a fast car! a nice drive, but scary.'

Happy days and happy Christmas fellas.
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #362 on: 25 December 2013, 23:40 »
Got some rubber mats today so I've fitted them. Think they're a lot better than the carpet ones personally. Let me know if anyone's bothered and I'll take some photos over the next days.

Yes please. How's the fit?
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #363 on: 26 December 2013, 08:41 »
You mean like these... :whistle:

« Last Edit: 26 December 2013, 08:48 by mihaelo1 »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #364 on: 26 December 2013, 09:55 »

I prefer the look of these and ordered them with my car. Look newer for longer, and capture more dirt for easy hoovering out. Never had the mats that came with the car in it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #365 on: 26 December 2013, 10:22 »
Yeah the rubber definitely looks better I think. My missus thinks they look a bit taxi like haha.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #366 on: 26 December 2013, 10:24 »
If we had some proper dedicated mats like the GTI ones seen in Japan for £185 then i'd prefer the look of those, but vs the standard mats that come with the car, I do prefer the rubber ones.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #367 on: 26 December 2013, 11:12 »
Looks very smart. Wouldn't have thought of that..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #368 on: 26 December 2013, 15:33 »
Just spent 4 hours cleaning it and applying some gtechniq i1 to the interior. 2nd time in 4 days I've spent most of the afternoon cleaning it!! Hate this weather!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #369 on: 26 December 2013, 16:02 »
On the topic of mats - brief round up of the non-official/third party on the market:

Ebay's offerings:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=gti+mats&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.Xmk7+gti+mats&_nkw=mk7+gti+mats&_sacat=0

These are probably the nicest of the ebay bunch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk7-2012-onwards-Fully-Tailored-Car-Mats-with-RED-LEATHER-GTI-LOGO-/181236848727?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AMK+VII&hash=item2a328ed857

You can get some bespoke ones here but the font isn't perfect but nice quality. I specced Black base, red trim and GTI in red Calibri font.
http://www.ultimatecarmats.co.uk/choose_product.asp?model=2604 (Then check out the "UCM Luxury 900" to spec it)

Slim pickings, really.
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**