Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766179 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #220 on: 09 November 2013, 11:24 »
Croz my DBP car has similar marks like that are on yours that can be seen in certain light. Any idea what it is and how your detailer sorted it?

Offline double0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #221 on: 09 November 2013, 14:38 »
Croz my DBP car has similar marks like that are on yours that can be seen in certain light. Any idea what it is and how your detailer sorted it?
They look like buffer marks from a bad attempt at machine polishing.  Suspect they were polished out by the detailer with similar equipment but who actually knew what they were doing!  I had my GTI PP in deep black pearl polished the day after I collected it before having Gen-3 Glasscoat ceramic protection at a detailer and although mine was not too bad it's amazing how much a brand new car can be improved.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2013, 14:39 by double0 »

Offline Dave the Cat

• Not said much yet
  • CSG Golf GTD
« Reply #222 on: 09 November 2013, 16:56 »
cheers, i'll check my local auto factors shop they have a range of goodies thanks for the idea

To get into awkward wheels I use cheap foam or furry radiator rollers, (the small ones for painting getting behind rads) mounted pushed onto a suitable bar/rod. You can pick up 4 for a £1 in most pound shops  :laugh:

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #223 on: 09 November 2013, 18:25 »
They look like buffer marks from a bad attempt at machine polishing.  Suspect they were polished out by the detailer with similar equipment but who actually knew what they were doing!  I had my GTI PP in deep black pearl polished the day after I collected it before having Gen-3 Glasscoat ceramic protection at a detailer and although mine was not too bad it's amazing how much a brand new car can be improved.

Cheers for that

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #224 on: 10 November 2013, 16:29 »
Uploaded Radio station logos and gave her a wash as it was dry.  Took the chance to apply some C2V3... 

Really shiny  :cool:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #225 on: 10 November 2013, 16:47 »
Bought my LED festoon bulbs and some 'super white' H7 bulbs for the cornering lights.

Although yesterday I went to a Cypriot VW showroom to at least see a Golf (in this case a 1.2 TSI) although it was the highest spec version that they sell over here.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mike S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #226 on: 10 November 2013, 20:45 »
Sunny but cold day so a good wash, inside cleaned, new Bosch wiper blades fitted (report to follow on separate topic in the next day or so) and 3M door edge film protection fitted  :smiley:

GTi Mk7 Night Blue 5 Door. Winter Pack. Nav Pro. Keyless. ACC.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #227 on: 10 November 2013, 20:51 »
Passed the £1k mile mark after 13 days!

Installed Richbrook tax disc holder as the tax came at the weekend.

Gave it a quick power wash as was filthy after 500 miles from last wash.

Ordered about £300 worth of detailing/cleaning stuff inc gtechniq c2v3 & C1 & C5!! (and snow foam lance, bits for the karcher, buckets/grit guards, mits, tyre dresssing, wheel woolies etc..). Never cleaned previous cars at home but never want anyone else cleaning it/car wash after reading some stuff on detailing world lol

CSG does look the nuts when clean but seeing the state of my car over the past few days made me want to get stuck into cleaning it to bring back the look it had leaving the showroom lol
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #228 on: 13 November 2013, 09:11 »
Gave it a clean yesterday and then went out and got some night time pics  :drool:

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline MJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #229 on: 13 November 2013, 09:43 »
Gave it a clean yesterday and then went out and got some night time pics  :drool:

J

Damn . . .  those LEDs  :drool: .
Current: Mk7 GTI | 5-Door | Pure White | DSG |

Previous: VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline