Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740117 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2013, 11:14 »
Daydreamed about it arriving and then reached for the anti-depressants again...

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Chris.Air

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2013, 11:32 »
Nothing I ain't got it yet!!!!  :grin:
Candy White,GTD xeons, f/r parking sensors, 18" charlestons n what Ever else a GTD comes with......

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2013, 11:50 »
Clicked refresh on the tracker.

Ditto. Lol :laugh:

Just once?  :grin:

Constantly, plus shouted f@ck really loud and scared the cat  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2013, 12:25 »
Looked at it through the window - big blobs of rain pooling on the roof thanks to the C2V3. Can't really go anywhere today as the Great North Run has crippled the local roads. Now tagging my MP3s for the new SD card and using an easier way than the recently published guide - finds all the artwork for you in Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. Only sticking point is sometimes not having the choice of an artwork less than 400 x 400 resolution (get the smallest you have a choice of and then you can resize as per already published guide. Need to get "MP3tag" software (go to afterdawn.com - http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/get_mp3_album_info_from_amazon.cfm).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 September 2013, 12:58 »
MH you don't need to convert to mp3; m4a works fine, so just the artwork is needed!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2013, 13:36 »
Went to load my personal POI's on to the Pro Nav (speed cameras etc), only to discover that a text file (which has to be in route directory of the SD), I forgot to copy across to the card when creating the package in VW Germany's Nav companion app, and typically the missing file resides on my PC at work  :embarrassed:

Typical, ill have to do it all again today as I'm off now until Wednesday and can't wait that long  :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2013, 17:25 »
MH you don't need to convert to mp3; m4a works fine, so just the artwork is needed!

It leaves m4a files as they are, this has a convenient embedding feature which includes grabbing a suitable artwork design from amazon.com and amazon.de then embedding it in a couple of steps. It embeds to a lot more than mp3.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2013, 17:27 »

It leaves m4a files as they are, this has a convenient embedding feature which includes grabbing a suitable artwork design from amazon.com and amazon.de then embedding it in a couple of steps. It embeds to a lot more than mp3.

Ooh I see! That sounds easier than the hours I spent then  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2013, 17:33 »

Ooh I see! That sounds easier than the hours I spent then  :grin:

Massively easier. You select the folder with the album tracks, then ask it to look on Amazon.de or Amazon.com, it'll give you all the options (sometimes there's 8 or 10 artwork options with varying sizes) and tell it to embed the one you pick. Very quick and easy.