Author Topic: Scott's Mk2 Golf GTI - 51k mile Alpine White Run Out Model  (Read 30803 times)

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Re: Scott's Mk2 Golf GTI - 51k mile Alpine White Run Out Model
« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2012, 20:05 »
Couple of pictures one of the lads took for me whilst at getpolished.co.uk's unit:

Just won some wheels on eBay too........
« Last Edit: 12 March 2012, 10:17 by scott-o »

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2012, 11:07 »
Cupra went last night, went to my mate down in Hull in p/x for this:

Picking up some BBS RS001's in standard spec tomorrow night too for the mk2, its been a good month!

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 15 March 2012, 07:28 »
Well, 6 hour round trip in the 32 last night and they are all well and picked up. Sold someone the suspension that came of the mk2 as well so was all good!

Few pics:

Probably look better condition in the pics than they are. Hopefully do a test fit this weekend and see what they are like for fitment and rideheight etc if I get the time. Then I'll be getting the tyres removed and set about refurbishing them!

Also the r32 got there and back (300 miles) and still has 90 miles left to empty, not too shabby!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #23 on: 15 March 2012, 10:14 »
Nice wheels.....  That 32 looks pretty tasty too.... lucky man.  :grin:

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 15 March 2012, 12:09 »
Cheers! Treating myself whilst I can haha

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
« Reply #25 on: 17 March 2012, 10:47 »
love this, cant wait to see it with the new rims on.

nice 32 as well! everyone should have one with mpg like that! 

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2012, 12:07 »
haha exactly matey!  :grin:

Havn't updated for awhile but tyres are now off the rs's and I spent the afternoon at work splitting them. Took me half an hour or so to get them all apart and then about 1.5 hours getting all the bastard bathroom sealant off. Bodged effort of building them from somewhere in the past. All the bolts were miles too tight as well   

One of the barrels has previously had a small crack in too and not had a very good repair to be honest. My boss is going to grind the current weld out and do it properly for me. Cons of a set of wheels that are allot older than myself haha i did try them on the night previous at current ride height just to temp myself on (shocking pictures i know):

Following the fitting of them, i think i'll be going for 195-50-15's. Didnt like the ride on the 45's and dont want to lower it more to suit 45's and make it impractical. Also picked up two better condition 1" lips:

They are all with my mate Matty now, cheers buddy  can't wait to see them all polished up! Just gotta save and get quotes for getting the barrels and centres powdercoated now.....

Had the mk2 out Sunday for it's last outing for a couple of months. Was shifting all the cars about on the drive so I could get it out and lined up the golfs in order by accident haha couldn't resist a picture   

All cleaned and put away now. Did a few jobs on the 32 too. Painted the intake pipe Matt black, cleaned the bay plastics up and cleaned and re-oiled the filter. TB also cleaned and re-aligned and a new maf fitted:

And the big lad about the get washed:

Intake pipe went from this blue colour (nice colour but bit chavvy):

to matt black:

Full engine bay, looks abit better now:

All clean, comes up mint, really happy with the car:

Mk2 all tucked away for now:

Cheers for looking

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2012, 09:59 »
My friend matty is done with the lips and also had a quick whip round the center nuts too. I'm glad he's got the tools and patience because I know I don't!

Hopefully get them picked up this weekend and looking forward to it! Just barrels and centers to get done now and of course new tyres. Won't be done for a couple of months tbh but I'm in no rush, it's all tucked away out of harms way.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 10 April 2012, 11:01 »
Jealous much! :grin: Two great cars! :afro:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 10 April 2012, 16:00 »
Great work on a lovely condition MK2! Makes me want one!