Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626872 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #990 on: 19 October 2013, 17:44 »
Sat at my desk in Vienna, Austria praying my GTI is still in one piece. As it has been parked in the Long Stay Car Park at Gatwick for over three weeks. And I fly back to blighty on Wednesday night and hope it starts first time!
it will start it's just the door dents that would worry me  :embarrassed:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Marshy

« Reply #991 on: 20 October 2013, 20:29 »
Took the GTD to look at Audi S3's.
Looked at 3 today and disappointed with them all. Does nobody tell the truth in adverts nowadays.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #992 on: 20 October 2013, 20:37 »
I know how you feel people just lie nowadays, either that or their blind and stupid.  I always lists worts and all. Id rather not  waste mine and  someone elses time.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2013, 20:42 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Marshy

« Reply #993 on: 20 October 2013, 20:39 »
Yeah I travelled 240 miles round trip to view a mint car and it was so bad I didn't even start it up!!

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #994 on: 22 October 2013, 15:33 »
Just ordered some 18" alloys (dare dr x2 gunmetal grey) with winter tyres (nankang winter sv2) ready for the winter, last year the car really struggled especially with the goodyear f1s, just hope I see a massive difference as I need to be able to get about.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #995 on: 22 October 2013, 18:10 »
I use a seat leon in the winter. With its goodyear summer tyres on it struggled to get out my street if it would even move without just turning its wheels. With the nankangs on the only thing that stopped it was when i beeched it due to the depth of snow lifted it off its wheels.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #996 on: 22 October 2013, 18:14 »
Snoopy do you rate the nankangs? For the money they were nearly half the price of the contis and dunlops!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #997 on: 22 October 2013, 18:25 »
Did the job for me and as i dont drive fast in the winter they did the job but there soft. I have them in the size 205x55x16 I was astonished the difference they made in snow but we get it very deep up here on the top of the valley.
A mate of mine got the all weather versions (cannot remember the name) which have a similar tread pattern and they worked well too.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #998 on: 22 October 2013, 18:29 »
Thanks for that made me feel better! Anything will be better than the f1s on a dsg car, couldn't even get off my street last year with a little bit of slush never mind the snow!

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #999 on: 22 October 2013, 21:03 »
Can't wait to try my winter tyres actually!

Not done owt to the golf.

Treated the clio to an akrapovic evo exhaust system though!

A thing of beauty even though it's hidden! Not a bad way to spend A grand!
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver