Author Topic: 2.0 GT TDI DSG stalling????  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Anders

• Just got here
2.0 GT TDI DSG stalling????
« on: 06 March 2012, 10:20 »
Got an issue with my car that I need advice on please:

At certain times when the engine is idling the rev counter starts to pulse up and down on the 1000 rom mark. When this happens if you put the car into drive and release the handbrake it stalls!!?? With automatics you expect the little bit of go before applying the accelerator. Not sure what could be causing this as it does not do it all the time??

Could anybody offer any clues please??

Many thanks in advance.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: 2.0 GT TDI DSG stalling????
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2012, 12:37 »
Sounds the same as on my old A3. I had to have it in for the DSG mechatronics unit to be replaced. Mine even stalled just after setting off which in one case was pulling out of a T junction!!
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2012, 08:52 »
Sounds a bit odd, never had experience with a auto stalling, but I have heard of autos reversing up a drive and running over my father in-laws feet... :laugh:

Not me before peeps start pointing the finger lol, it was his son and to this day he still says it was cus of the auto and not his careless driving....Feckin numpty!

Anyway did you get this sorted?

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Anders

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2012, 12:56 »
Not sorted as yet. Warrington VW did a partial reset of the DSG and an engine management software upgrade which apparently it should have been recalled for ages ago!!

This made the car feel a whole lot different I have to say. From cold when you put in reverse or drive it had that characterisitic surge without putting your foot on the gas.

Sadly, that has all but gone and I am back to this kind of coughing and spluttering when cold!!!

Been a bit lazy with what to do next really!!!!

Help always appreciated??

Andy.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2012, 13:28 »
Its most likely the mechatronics unit as per Hurdy's post above

Not cheap sadly  :sad:  So I'd be pushing for VW to replace it or at least contribute a significant portion of the repair cost