Author Topic: Electrical warranty  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Electrical warranty
« on: 25 December 2009, 21:19 »
Posting it here as most of you would have (or should have) read your warranties by now.

Someone I know had a problem with their 2yr old car while stuck in the snow for 9 hours on the M4 on Monday, the both his fuseboxes failed and he's had to pay to have them repaired £140 for the first repair and he has to go back. I'm not naming the make because it's a very popular one and I would have thought all popular makes have fairly similar warranties and don't want it to turn into a slagging off match either.

If your fusebox blew on your Golf, would you have to pay to repair it or are electrical faults like this covered?

He said he lost all lights, all central locking, electric windows etc. His boot can't even be opened because it only works on the C/L... the rest of the doors work, just not the boot... that's to be fixed with the other fuse box.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.