Author Topic: The Frog's approach to moderating the MkVI section  (Read 1410 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
The Frog's approach to moderating the MkVI section
« on: 15 October 2009, 19:19 »
OK, I've only been in the job for a few days and I've already been inundated with various requests, ranging from 'Please delete...' to 'Ban...'

Believe it or not, I have a life outside this board - to say nothing of my GTI to actually drive and enjoy - and therefore do not read every single post, or follow the ebb and flow of each thread. I cannot therefore simply wade in and start deleting posts simply on the advice of other members (however justifiable their claims may ultimately turn out to be). I have thus decided to try to deter would-be squabblers by locking entire threads. This is unfortunate for those with legitimate input and I apologise for this (though they can always begin a new thread), but it has the distinct advantage of avoiding any risk of favouritism or injustice, and leaves the culprits' names up there for all to see. FYI, moderators do not have a 'Ban' button.

Of course, the simplest solution would be not to have the pointless bickering and insult-flinging in the first place. With this in mind, I would like to quote the following aphorism I picked up years ago on a BMW forum:

"Arguing on the Internet is like being in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still a retard"

Just be nice :smiley: