Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2764062 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9180 on: 05 February 2019, 14:59 »
In hoping it's a cure. Only done 18750 miles!! I'm seriously toying with the idea of selling mine and getting an Up GTi for the daily commute and then something 2nd hand but nice for longer journeys.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9181 on: 06 February 2019, 01:02 »
Finally got round to installing my mib2.5 discover media to replace my mib1 discover media. Nice easy job apart from coding. Got the fibre link to the virtual dash all coded and working just need to get the component protection removed and get the Gti skin and performance monitor working.

That’s cracking work Dubvrs. Coded with VCDS or other? I didn’t think component protection could be removed?
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9182 on: 06 February 2019, 07:25 »
Plenty of places can remove component protection.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #9183 on: 06 February 2019, 15:01 »
Trying to make the car as childproof as possible during the winter months, so I decided to take a punt on a heavy duty rubber mat set I saw on eBay.

Anyone who has very young kids will know that the little buggers won't wait to get out of their own side, they will clamber across to the side you are getting the first child out of... so the tunnel cover appealed to me (although I wish it didn't have the GTI logo on it), as did the boot mat to stop things sliding around and keep the wet/muddy boots/bags/brollys in place.

The kit turned up today and on first inspection it seems really good. For the cost I wasn't expecting them to be so thick and heavy, but they are, and the fit is really good. I think they will do the job nicely...

:smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 15:49 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline paul83

• Just got here
« Reply #9184 on: 06 February 2019, 15:10 »
Do you know if there is a GTD version?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #9185 on: 06 February 2019, 22:15 »
They look good might have to get them for ours

I put a back seat cover on ours. Got it from Halfords and it seems pretty good but I did have to cut a bigger hole for the seatbelt buckles. I also fitted the VW boot liner to ours (£24 new on eBay was a bargain - would hate to think I paid £60 for that!)
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #9186 on: 07 February 2019, 09:09 »
Do you know if there is a GTD version?
I can’t see any listed. It could be worth dropping the seller a message, they might do something.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #9187 on: 09 February 2019, 15:09 »
Had a service and it's first MOT :shocked:
Where did that time go ?
Had it done at Bolton VW even though I vowed never to darken their doors again after they damaged an alloy a couple of years back.
I think they've got the message and treat it with the love and care it deserves :grin:
£288.00 including the service, MOT and brake fluid change.
Not too bad I suppose.
PS
Saw my first GTI with Seville alloys with red pinstripe and I thought they looked excellent :smiley:
Well worth the £500 premium over the standard wheels imo.
« Last Edit: 09 February 2019, 15:11 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9188 on: 09 February 2019, 15:51 »
Where did that time go ?
Had it done at Bolton VW even though I vowed never to darken their doors again after they damaged an alloy a couple of years back.
I think they've got the message and treat it with the love and care it deserves :grin:
Not too bad I suppose.
PS
Saw my first GTI with Seville alloys with red pinstripe and I thought they looked excellent :smiley:

I absolutely love the look of my Seville wheels on my Issac Blue GTI but, even though the wheels have received two coats of C5 wheel sealant, and i have a set of wheel woollies...they are a devil to clean.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9189 on: 09 February 2019, 17:29 »
Where did that time go ?
Not too bad I suppose.
PS

I saw a White Silver Golf GTI with the dark Seville/red pinstripe alloys the other day and I also thought they looked great. They do seem to be a bit of a ‘Marmite’ wheel though, and I agree with watchdog, they look as if they’d be a devil to clean because of the quite intricate design.

My Polo GTI also had its third service, first MOT and brake fluid change this week. The dealer was instructed to not clean my car, and they complied with my request. I had a new shape Polo as a courtesy car with a 1.0 litre, three cylinder 95ps engine for the day. Not a bad car, but felt really underpowered compared to my car. I was really pleased to get my car back, which felt like a rocket compared to the 1.0 litre Polo!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl