Author Topic: Diesel Engine tuning and Exhaust  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Diesel Engine tuning and Exhaust
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2006, 17:12 »
Torque is the pulling force that gets the car moving and keeps it going. 

Ideally you what a good balance between power and Torque. no use having loads of power but very little torque.

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2006, 18:08 »
Right I get it. I had a rough idea but now i know. Its doing my head in I just wanna get a TDi and get my plans into action. But i gotta sell my GTi first. Its a loveley car just not practical for the mileage i do. Its on ebay with about 6 days had loads of q's and got loadsa peeps "watching" it so we'll see. In my experience its the last day or 2 that things heat up so fingers crossed. The problem is i'll have about 6K to spend, theres plenty out there for that but they are all about 70000 miles and over which is not ideal. But I plan to keep the car for a few years ( I had about 5 last year) and the diesels are supposed to be good for upto 250000 miles. What Im thinking of, if im insanely lucky I might get a GT TDI 150, but prob a 130. 110's are good as im not gonna go for power as ill get it chipped. I just like the extras that the Gt's have like recaro seats and 3 spoke steering wheel etc........As before Im gonna r32 it but wanna keep costs down. Im tight! lol

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2006, 18:15 »
i wouldn't worry about buying one with 70k on the clock, as long as its had the cambelt done etc, it's good for at least another 100k, my gt tdi 130's just gone over 70k and drives like a dream. i saw a 51 plate bora the other day tdi 110 with 180k on the clock, looked and sounded as good as new.   :grin:

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2006, 18:22 »
Hey guys, just read the posts and here we go,  Germania car sales no longer do the Revo it is all done by Grant at Westec performance in Newport http://www.westecperformance.co.uk/ :cool:

Secondly, I have some bad news for you Diesel drivers, the 5 hour free trial only works on the petrol engines :cry: :angry:, Its well worth it tho.  If you want a blast in a revo'd 130 then get in co ntact with me, and make sure the pair of you get your asses here http://www.clubgti.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=99196&PN=1&TPN=1

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2006, 19:12 »
Cheers Gaz. I havent been to a meet on here yet but i will soon. Im prob gonna be carless tho at that time, my Gti should be sold by then and Im not rushing into buying the first TDi I see, well thats my plan lol whether or not i stick to it who knows! U got a tdi 130 then have you?

Offline GazB

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2006, 19:34 »
Na but i got plenty of contact who do :wink:

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2006, 21:04 »
Any of them thinking bout selling up soon

Offline GazB

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2006, 21:30 »
1 of em yeah, but i'll probably buy that :cool:

Offline >>Mart<<

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 03 February 2006, 07:38 »
Sorry to be dull now But what is torque. Is it more based on mid range pull or something? Ive heard after 40mph the tdi's are as quick as gti's. Ive read lots of posts stating tdi's have "more torque than a porsche", Sureley this cant be power?

torque is basically grunt a diesel will just keep on pulling an pulling were as a petrol has flat spots a diesel 150bhp would be faster say 60-80 than a petrol equivalant

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 03 February 2006, 15:26 »
Cheers Gaz lol! Just had someone come to look and test drive my GTi seemed really keen gonna let me know either way after. So Im quietly confident but we'll see! Gotta start looking for some tdi's. Been on Ebay and auto trader any other recommendations?