Author Topic: strange fault any help please  (Read 1524 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
strange fault any help please
« on: 24 February 2014, 09:01 »
Got a couple of issues with the golf i finally finished off getting it sorted ready for daily use  :smiley: got myself another oem coolant sensor as i noticed on the drive home from collecting it the temp gauge was a little eratic,the sensor fitted is also an oem one but i opted to replace it,that done i noticed last night and this morning driving home from work the needle move just off cold to about 70 degrees but takes awhile,the heater is hot and pipes feel as they should with stat opening/closing so i'm ruling out a dodgy thermostat, vag com has flagged a 16500 code

16500/P0116/000278 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal

Possible Symptoms
Starting the engine when engine is warmish or warm, idle rpm immediately is 1200 - 3000 rpm.
Diesel: an indication is extreme long time burning time of the glow indication light.
With all engine temperatures seldom idle rpm will vary between 900 - 1000 rpm.
With engine warm (90 °C) the engine temperature suddenly drops (70 °C) and slowly comes back to 90 °C.
Possible Causes
Wiring and/or connections faulty
Engine Coolant Sensor (G62) faulty

checked wiring into plug and all looks fine
Next up i fitted some new dipped beam bulbs also and again last night set off to work only to notice the left hand indicator warning light on the cluster was lit up and no l/h indicator the r/h is fine,also the indicators are lit on the headlight,side repeaters and rear cluster and the dipped beam (new bulb,l/h side isn't lit) when switched to sidelights the indicators function as normal  :undecided any help etc much appreciated as i'l be going out later today to see if i am able to sort it :sad:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: strange fault any help please
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2014, 21:23 »
All sorted :afro: fully  working again and got a thermostat to change this week  :laugh:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Morgan3325

• Just got here
Re: strange fault any help please
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2017, 18:07 »
How did you sort the indicator issue as im having the same problem