Author Topic: Key not detected  (Read 4478 times)

Offline rtg1200

• Just got here
Re: Key not detected
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2021, 16:10 »
Did new batteries sort it? the guy with the Golf R's keys were getting so bad he'd put a fresh battery in them at night and theyd be gone again by the morning. He was unlocking the car then taking the battery back out again once he was in it :grin:

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2021, 17:58 »
Did new batteries sort it? the guy with the Golf R's keys were getting so bad he'd put a fresh battery in them at night and theyd be gone again by the morning. He was unlocking the car then taking the battery back out again once he was in it :grin:

Yes it did, simple as that but yes was surprised they went. I wonder how much of a problem it would have been to program the car to warn you on the car system status screen or a pop up saying they need replacing. My ring door bell and cams email me to change batteries and WeConnect is connected to the car. Maybe the 8 will do that but will have to wait a while for someone to tell us 🤣
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2021, 22:42 »
Seems to be 50:50 whether you'll see a low fob battery warning on the Info screen, some on here say they've had it.  Personally I didn't when I had issues with a faulty fob that needed three new batteries before it worked.  Even at the dealers the two service guys had differing options, one claimed I should have seen the warning while then other said there was never a dash warning.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2021, 22:49 »
Seems to be 50:50 whether you'll see a low fob battery warning on the Info screen, some on here say they've had it.  Personally I didn't when I had issues with a faulty fob that needed three new batteries before it worked.  Even at the dealers the two service guys had differing options, one claimed I should have seen the warning while then other said there was never a dash warning.

Yes, it’s been mentioned a few times on the forum. Seems that it was mainly older mk7’s displayed a low fob battery warning message.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2021, 08:15 »
Obvious place for notification would be the We Connect app. I got a notification that I had locked my daughter in the car. And yes I did know she was there and I was watching before any calls are made 🙈🤣

Well as suggested by a few I’m keeping a spare battery in the car. Glad just need a penknife to change it and not a micro screwdriver needed. Honda fob I had before would fall apart and lose the screw 🙄
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1