Author Topic: Estoril alloys  (Read 2835 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Estoril alloys
« on: 17 January 2021, 11:41 »
Hi everyone,

Didn’t know if this had been posted earlier but Estorils are now available to spec on gti and CS. Didn’t look at the gti. £825

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Estoril alloys
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2021, 11:45 »
Do we know much about the Estoril's yet?

i.e.at that price I presume they're cast alloy rather than flow formed / forged etc.

Wonder what the weight is? Assume either way they should be lighter than the Adelaide's?
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2021, 11:48 »
Hi everyone,

Didn’t know if this had been posted earlier but Estorils are now available to spec on gti and CS. Didn’t look at the gti. £825

Yes I saw them on the GTI configurator last night - along with some other weirdness.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2021, 11:51 »
Hi everyone,

Yes I saw them on the GTI configurator last night - along with some other weirdness.

Not like VW!  :wink: I’m waiting to see if they’re removed again!

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2021, 12:18 »
If you add the adelaides to a gti it comes up and says pick your suspension...

The options are

Dcc
Sports suspension for 19"
GTI rear shock absorbers
Rear shock absorbtion.

Not messed up at all...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2021, 12:22 »
I remember these being available on the GTD when it appeared on the configurator, but were removed in a few hours

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2021, 13:09 »
They've been available on the Irish configurator for a while and a few dealer demos have shown up on them. I think they're the nicest option, apart from the fact they have a little "R" badge!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_OD_enwc8/?igshid=mafjhzdlg2a6
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2021, 15:09 »
They've been available on the Irish configurator for a while and a few dealer demos have shown up on them. I think they're the nicest option, apart from the fact they have a little "R" badge!

Yeah. I was hoping that seeing as you can spec them on the gti the R badge would disappear over time.

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2021, 15:41 »

Yeah. I was hoping that seeing as you can spec them on the gti the R badge would disappear over time.

I don’t understand how an ‘R’ branded product can be made available for the GTI and GTD as surely this blend of the brands is a dilution of each brand?
This doesn’t seem to be an error by VWUK or VW Ireland as the Estoril’s are also available for GTI and GTD on the German configurator..
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2021, 15:36 »
You can see the R logo really clearly on this advert for a used set:

https://allegro.pl/oferta/felgi-vw-golg-8-r-8x19-et50-5x112-5h0601025s-ad-9785454534

You can also see that they are made by Borbet for VW....