Author Topic: DCC system, is it a must have on the MK8?  (Read 14131 times)

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
  • Auto professional & lover
Re: DCC system, is it a must have on the MK8?
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2021, 12:48 »
That is a MUST option!, no brainer!. Sorry!  :whistle:

And that is a cheap option aswell!!.. if you compare with Panorama e.g...

If you tried DCC you never go back! And the New 10 sep on the Mk8 seems even better!

Even softer and Harder!.. Perfect!!  :smiley:

One question: when you make a setting, does it revert to normal every time you turn it off?

I had something similar on a Mini, but since it reverted to normal every time, after a while I was just driving in normal because I didnt remember to change. It was a complete waste.
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2021, 13:42 »
On the mk7 if you selected individual mode then the suspension stayed set when you switch off. Only sport mode deselects each time
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2021, 14:35 »
On the mk7 if you selected individual mode then the suspension stayed set when you switch off. Only sport mode deselects each time

If you tried DCC you never go back! And the New 10 sep on the Mk8 seems even better!

One question: when you make a setting, does it revert to normal every time you turn it off?

I had something similar on a Mini, but since it reverted to normal every time, after a while I was just driving in normal because I didnt remember to change. It was a complete waste.

Yes only in sportmode it get back!. I drive 95% in Comfort ;)...

Never in Normal....just Comfort and Sport  :grin:

And the Mk8 will be even better!! :laugh:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2021, 15:13 »

OK but given that the comfort side would probably be more than enough for me. I mean, if I wanted a comfortable car I would buy something else.

Is it a big improvement in fun/handling while driving fast?
« Last Edit: 16 January 2021, 15:15 by Powerman80 »
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 16 January 2021, 15:25 »
Let me articulate better.

My fear is that I'll just leave it on comfort all the time for laziness and lose the point of having a hot hatch.

Sometimes, your car has to push you.

Anyone has experienced this?

Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2021, 15:28 »

OK but given that the comfort side would probably be more than enough for me. I mean, if I wanted a comfortable car I would buy something else.

Is it a big improvement in fun/handling while driving fast?

But is not so nice to kill the Car on 19" on bad roads..Just one button and you can drive even faster with a bit softer suspension....Hard is not always better!. Just on track on a smoth track Very hard is nice....in other case the car probably is slower ;)

Just Look att the New "Ringen" mode on The R that makes the car 17 sec faster than the Mk7.5 R :)

Everyting is in sport, and very agressive shifting....and the suspension is even softer!. Because the Car is faster on The Ring that is like many roads.... ;)...

« Last Edit: 16 January 2021, 15:34 by Wide »

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2021, 15:31 »
Let me articulate better.

My fear is that I'll just leave it on comfort all the time for laziness and lose the point of having a hot hatch.

Sometimes, your car has to push you.

Anyone has experienced this?

No that is not what  think!

And if you get the Mk8 R that has that R button on the Steering Wheel!. You will use the differant settings every day i think now!

It is so easy!, like in the Bmw M car that have these M buttons!. They are awesome!!  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2021, 16:23 »
The thing with dcc is that it's dynamic. It's not just a hard or soft suspension setting. Drive hard at comfort or in sport, makes no difference other than feel. The car performs the same.

Famously top gear's stig did exactly the same lap time in a mk7 in sport and comfort mode.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 January 2021, 18:11 »
The thing with dcc is that it's dynamic. It's not just a hard or soft suspension setting. Drive hard at comfort or in sport, makes no difference other than feel. The car performs the same.

Famously top gear's stig did exactly the same lap time in a mk7 in sport and comfort mode.

Yes but that is on a flat Air Field ;) , you donĀ“t need a suspension on that.  :whistle:

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2021, 19:01 »
Whether DCC is a must have on the Mk8 will be a matter of personal opinion.  Just as it was on the mk7/7.5.

But IMO, if you can afford DCC, don't hesitate. I cannot see a circumstance where you would regret it.  DCC gives the car so much more versatility.  Whether that's passenger preferences (as in my household) or road conditions.

... it is very much personal choice and circumstances. What cars have you driven before? What are the roads like? Is comfort a high priority? Will you fit 19 inch alloys?

I found the standard Mk7 suspension too firm, but the roads I drive on are terrible. I told my dealer if the car didn't have DCC he could keep it. Many people find the standard suspension GTI/GTD fine.

I suspect they might have improved the suspension from my test drive in the new A3 S line. Despite having sport suspension, I found the new A3 reasonably comfortable.

It is impossible to be sure without a test drive.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS