Author Topic: GTI Clubsport S register - JOIN HERE! 75 of the 150 found so far!  (Read 53487 times)

Offline matthewh

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport S register - JOIN HERE! 46 so far, 104 to go..
« Reply #130 on: 06 February 2020, 10:37 »
I purchased #250 in March, now in NI.
Current:
2000 Rover Mini Cooper Sports Pack
2016 VW GTI Clubsport S - #250
2019 VW Caddy 2.0 TDI
2020 Mini John Cooper Works GP - #2166

Gone:
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
2010 VW Polo GTI

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #131 on: 28 May 2020, 17:27 »
Saw this pop up on Facebook and thought might be of interest. Nicely detailed model  :cool:

https://dnacollectibles.com/product/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-s-1-18/?v=79cba1185463
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Resonance Charge

• Just got here
« Reply #132 on: 28 October 2020, 23:18 »
So I’ve been considering buying one of these for the last couple of years.......  started looking seriously in the last couple of weeks........  #180 Black with A/C is currently for sale in Hatfield area. It doesn’t appear to be on the list?

I’ve seen #215 Red without A/C is on the list and now up for sale.  I believe one of the previous owners is a member on here; any history to share with regard to this car would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
All the Best
Peter

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #133 on: 29 October 2020, 09:10 »
Hi Peter. Their is another thread regarding this car further down the thread list. As me and other who have CSS and had CSS’s have said. Personally I wouldn’t buy one without AC. Having owned a white one with out AC I can honestly say that the negatives strongly out weigh the financial saving however that depends on your perspective. The good lady and I took a two hour drive up to Loch Lomond on a summers day at 21-23 degrees. I got out the car soaking and damp. I had to changed. You won’t feel the claimed 12-13kg weight saving and as per the advert no one actually knows how many were opted without AC. It is all here say. I hope that helps?
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 10:38 by st33ly »

Offline Resonance Charge

• Just got here
« Reply #134 on: 29 October 2020, 11:56 »
Hi Peter. Their is another thread regarding this car further down the thread list. As me and other who have CSS and had CSS’s have said. Do not buy one without AC. Having owned a white one with out AC I can honestly say that the negatives strongly out weigh the financial saving. The good lady and I took a two hour drive up to Loch Lomond on a summers day at 21-23 degrees. I got out the car soaking and damp. I had to changed. You won’t feel the claimed 12-13kg weight saving and as per the advert no one actually knows how many were opted without AC. It is all here say. I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the feedback and pointers.
Pretty sure I read your suspension restoration thread on a detailing website??  If that was you/yours; very nice job. 👍

A/C really isn’t a deal breaker for me......  Condition is. I note your experience/concerns though.
I was more interested in any ownership history that went with this particular car #215.

Thanks in anticipation.
All the Best
Peter

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #135 on: 29 October 2020, 13:22 »
No problem Peter. As stated I’ve had two cars. One with and one without. The previous owner of my white one lost £4K on it because it was without AC. So if you are happy to take the risk then fill your boots. And the guy from Devine will be lifting at least £1 - 1.5k for being a broker of the deal. If you are happy with the car / deal then go for it you won’t be disappointed.

Offline hhh182

• Just got here
« Reply #136 on: 29 October 2020, 17:12 »
Hi Peter. Their is another thread regarding this car further down the thread list. As me and other who have CSS and had CSS’s have said. Do not buy one without AC. Having owned a white one with out AC I can honestly say that the negatives strongly out weigh the financial saving. The good lady and I took a two hour drive up to Loch Lomond on a summers day at 21-23 degrees. I got out the car soaking and damp. I had to changed. You won’t feel the claimed 12-13kg weight saving and as per the advert no one actually knows how many were opted without AC. It is all here say. I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the feedback and pointers.
Pretty sure I read your suspension restoration thread on a detailing website??  If that was you/yours; very nice job. 👍

A/C really isn’t a deal breaker for me......  Condition is. I note your experience/concerns though.
I was more interested in any ownership history that went with this particular car #215.

Thanks in anticipation.
All the Best
Peter

I believe #215 has sold.

Offline Resonance Charge

• Just got here
« Reply #137 on: 29 October 2020, 17:27 »
It did.......  I agreed a price and paid a deposit yesterday morning 👍
Hence why I asked about the car/previous keepers.

Probably should have asked those questions and gained answers before buying!! 😳

Thanks for making mention though.
All the Best

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #138 on: 29 October 2020, 17:48 »
Congratulations👍 Get photos up. You will probably find the first owner never drove it and flipped it like many others. Fingers crossed the last owner is on here and can give you some history.

Offline Resonance Charge

• Just got here
« Reply #139 on: 29 October 2020, 18:15 »
just read this thread , i can confirm no 215 has no air con , it was registered in newcastle , for sale at leven car co in edinburgh but its been in my garage since nov 2018 😎

Thank you.
Looks like this chap owned it previously.
I’m unable to PM due to number of posts thus far.

I’m looking forward to collecting.......  just ordered some new tie down straps for my recovery trailer. Better safe than sorry!!