Author Topic: how do the gti's compete against.......  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
Re:how do the gti's compete against.......
« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2003, 22:09 »
vtr is 8 valve 90ish bhp

Early VTR's were 90bhp... there now 98bhp (quoted as 100Bhp)

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl

Dinky

« Reply #21 on: 26 December 2003, 20:36 »
if every little boy hadnt bought a saxo,if you think about it they probably would be good cars, sme goes for prezza's, everyone has them so theyre crap.
I don't think u can judge a car buy the amount there r of it on the road,if thats the case,golfs wud b way sh!te!
Vtrs/or vts's r quick cars,bollox to anyone who says they aren,even thou they r french.Ur talking speed not build,reliabilty,style so aye,it will beat u,if so,put a big lumpa in ur car then kill its ass!

i dont see golfs as particularly fast cars, just far superior cars. if you want to buy a car thats quick for 10 mins buy a saxo
A car last as long as u long after it!Wanna a fast car,build one!Wanna a nice looking one,build oneThere is no car,old or new,what is left standard by a proper car owner these days,cos they aren what they were!Even if some stoopid nove driver just adds an induction kit!Still a mod!
I did used to rate the saxo(i know-don't say out!)cos they were the car of their time,but they r unreliable n french!
 ;)
Dinky  :-*

golfvr6

« Reply #22 on: 27 December 2003, 23:56 »
I can't understand why people think that vws are slow compared with the competition???
Golf 1.8T/V6/R32 , not exactly getting slow are they?

Offline muppetsport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 28 December 2003, 04:40 »
dinky, fair point old boy, but what i meant was a saxo wouldn necessary be considered as a boy racers car if they hadn all been bought by 17 year old snots for the free insurance. say for exapmle the clio 172, i respect them cars a lot, but if every little boy had one, i wouldnt. aint got nothing to do with how fast they are i guess, more along the lines of top gear cool wall eh?

the problem with the 1.8t, r32 and v6 4 motion golfs is not that they are slow, but if you have ever been in one (mates own r32 and another a 1800t and another r32, jammy bastids) they are stupidly fast, but dont feel it as they were built to be sooooooo smooth aswell. v6 4motion vs calibra turbo. 2 of my mates bought one of each of them, one a vauxhall boy, one a vw boy. 4 motion feels so much slower than the cally turbo when your in it, but is actually faster. bizarre.

from the sacred dojo of muppetsport the grand master shall show us the way.

3rd dann black belt in car modifying. wax on wax off, engine out, engine in.

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2003, 19:31 »
as an ex saxo vtr owner, i hav to stick for them a little bit, i had my 96 plate for 31/2 years, an all i had to do wiv it is but new tyres a radiator an regular servises, believe it or not the best car ive had, but def aimed and suits younger boy/girl racers a golf is far more of an enthusiasts, an better built car.if i'm honest i would say that my saxo was more fun to drive than my golf! BUT  i feel tougher richer an faster in the golf ;D

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh

kniterider

« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2003, 19:36 »
glad you like your golf!!!, thought you were gonna go all french on us then!!! lol ;D

Dinky

« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2003, 19:37 »
dinky, fair point old boy
I'm a girl! ::)

turbo

« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2003, 20:50 »
we always have the last laugh cause our dont fall apart! ;D ;D ;D
fords metros but you dont see a vw in there.....
if you do its not very often which is kind of bad because i cant get my parts......

heres a polo being crash tested

and here a saxo see the diference.............

kniterider

« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2003, 22:25 »
scarey french bags!!!, wouldnt fancey bangin some wings and front panel and bonnet on the polo though!!!!! looks a fair bit squashed!!! reckon the inner wings would need some hammmering to get it all to fit again!!!! ::)

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
« Reply #29 on: 04 January 2004, 19:34 »
uummm! intresting, but can anyone try an make these pictures just a little bit bigger!!! ;D :o

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh