Author Topic: how do the gti's compete against.......  (Read 4140 times)

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
Re:how do the gti's compete against.......
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2003, 12:05 »
i no french cars are pointless to race but he needs to no where he stands against my mk2 8v when i get it

Offline VW2010

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2003, 12:41 »
i no french cars are pointless to race but he needs to no where he stands against my mk2 8v when i get it

Actions speak louder than words, buy a Golf & then give your mate a call 8)

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2003, 13:19 »
i own a citroen and it is most unreliable thing i drove n all i cud afford i can tell golfs are way better even though i never drove one they just look cool and a god solid car

kniterider

« Reply #13 on: 23 December 2003, 14:18 »
rob get used to drivin your golf before you go racin otherwise they may be an accident!!!!, gettin into a mk2 8v is gonna be a big change from the 1100cc citroen ax youve got at the mo!!!!!!, yeah your gonna feel a helll of a lot faster but it dont mean your 'invinsible'!!!! seriously get used to the power and the way your car drives before you have a serious play!!, i cant endorse road racing etc, but i dont disagree with it!!!!, as long as your not one of the wonkers that does burnouts in the carpark behind my house at 2am i dont care!!! have fun and go steady!! (well to start off with!!) :D ;D

galvatron

« Reply #14 on: 23 December 2003, 18:12 »
the vtr is 0-60 in 9.5 seconds (90hp) about the same as the 8v gti so its down to the driving.
vts 0-60 in 7.6 but its still a saxo

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 23 December 2003, 18:59 »
Like everyone says it's down to the driver. One of my mates hangs with me in an old clio 16v. Irritating as can be but I have to admit he can really drive that little frog motor. To me my Golf is more about style, reliability, and sheer fun. Yes it is quick but when it comes down to it there will always be someone faster someplace.

Dinky

« Reply #16 on: 23 December 2003, 23:01 »
Drove a vtr,quick cars but a reckon u cud win him just on sheer style n quality of the golf!But i'm biased! ;D
Mind i did know a guy who had a 1.1 saxo,was the fastest little fcuker u hav ever seen!That lad cud drive,shame he was a knob!

Dinky  :-*

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2003, 18:41 »
i aint into doin burn outs n stuff waste of a tyre i will take it easy to start with get the feel of the car see how it performs cheers all

Offline daros

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 24 December 2003, 19:52 »
Who cares? does anyone on here actually want to own a citreon?
stick with golfs for class  ;D

Non@franc?is!!! lmao :P

Offline muppetsport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2003, 21:50 »
the saxo will be far faster, to rot and fall to bits. my golf is a 1985 gti mk2, i bet in 18 years time a saxo wont be anywhere nearly as good a condition.

the thing about racing is i dont consider it to be a race unless its a proper 1/4mile event or on a track. my 1/4mile and track car is a turbo nova with extra go faster goodies. round town an xr2i could probably beat me as i aint up to taking the risks.

i dont see golfs as particularly fast cars, just far superior cars. if you want to buy a car thats quick for 10 mins buy a saxo, if you want a car that will last and give you pretty much no hassle buy a golf. if every little boy hadnt bought a saxo, if you think about it they probably would be good cars, sme goes for prezza's, everyone has them so theyre crap.
from the sacred dojo of muppetsport the grand master shall show us the way.

3rd dann black belt in car modifying. wax on wax off, engine out, engine in.