Author Topic: Dubmonkeyz  (Read 3026 times)

Offline leeuk1

• Not said much yet
Dubmonkeyz
« on: 10 May 2012, 18:45 »
Hi new to VW ownership after owning most makes of car, 27 cars in 16 years!! Very happy now, I have a 2008 VW golf TDi GT sport and have ordered a GTI grill from Dubmonkeyz over 3 weeks ago. the website said allow 5 - 7 working days delivery but I am still waiting and he is not replying to emails or texts and when you try to ring him it says his mailbox is full. The grill cost £50 and am not willing to let it go, has anyone else had trouble with the site?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Dubmonkeyz
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2012, 18:54 »
Welcome, I know it's not what you want to here but, did you really order something from a company called Dubmonkeyz?

The name just screams Dodgy!!!

Hopefully someone can help you fella :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2012, 13:41 »
Never heard of them before but this doesn't sound too promising:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=449181
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2012, 20:36 »
That don't sound good at all, sounds like you've been shafted, I had a similar problem when I bought a set of alloys thro paypal but I managed to get my money back cus paypal protected me by such scams...how did you pay for the goods? even if you justed used a visa debit your bank shud give you your money back...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline leeuk1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2012, 19:24 »
Hi all thanks for the replys, i paid though my visa card and have just filled in a claim form for the grill, can take up to 7 weeks though, dont know how bank will get in touch with him cos hes not answering emails, texts or his telephone.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2012, 09:04 »
Hi all thanks for the replys, i paid though my visa card and have just filled in a claim form for the grill, can take up to 7 weeks though, dont know how bank will get in touch with him cos hes not answering emails, texts or his telephone.

What will happen now is, your bank will pass your claim onto there fraud department and you will receive a letter telling you that they've credited your account with the amount you brought the item for...and they will also say that if they find out that you've actually received the item(which you haven't so don't worry) they will automatically take the money back out of your account...

They say this to cover themselves...I only know this cus it's happened to me in the past.. :wink:

Good Luck man!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2012, 10:14 »
Ooooh an ecommerce website with no security certificate, no trading address and shrouded domain owners details?

It's got my spidey senses tingling so strongly.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2012, 10:59 »
ok i have only just found this thread. i spent nearly £100 here a couple of weeks ago.
didnt think they had shut down.
i ordered stuff for my black golf from them and it came fine.
fcuk sake.

Gavv8

« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2012, 20:38 »
Office address is

145-157 St John Street
 London
 EC1V 4PW

There are a lot of companies registered at this address , none of which are called dubmonkeyz..

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2012, 21:32 »
So there website is just blatantly still taking orders and payments and nobody's getting any goods?
Well p!ssed. I bought new rear lights and indicators/fogs. Wanting them for bug jam.
I bought stuff from them last year with no problem that's why I ordered stuff again.