Author Topic: Accelerated No Claims??  (Read 2576 times)

Offline golf gti 16valve

• Here all the time
Accelerated No Claims??
« on: 22 April 2007, 22:48 »
Hello there,just wondering i think we went threw this along time ago martin,but...im with elephant and have 3years no claims with them i think but i have got this through there 10month accelerated bonus scheme, could i still use these as 3years no claims with HIC? i have the no claims bonus certificates etc, also could u insure me on a 306 turbo D lol..as thats wot i have at the moment,,still saving for the golf

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Accelerated No Claims??
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2007, 23:14 »
Hi mate, yeah we could cover a peug 306. TBH HIC (and a lot of other companies!!) do not accept ncb from 10month policies as this is a gimmick used by some companies to get you to go with them in the 1st place cos their price looks better (because its not as long) and they say THEY will give you a years ncb, that does not mean other companies will therefore you are trapped into staying with them! Normally for 3x10month polices i would only be allowed to accept 2yrs ncb as it has only been two full years.

Hope that explains it

Martin  :smiley:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2007, 13:12 »
Hi mate, yeah we could cover a peug 306. TBH HIC (and a lot of other companies!!) do not accept ncb from 10month policies as this is a gimmick used by some companies to get you to go with them in the 1st place cos their price looks better (because its not as long) and they say THEY will give you a years ncb, that does not mean other companies will therefore you are trapped into staying with them! Normally for 3x10month polices i would only be allowed to accept 2yrs ncb as it has only been two full years.

Hope that explains it

Martin  :smiley:

Martin,

my car is due for renewal soon, i'll call you obviously...but ill have two eyars NCB one which is accelerated....is it worth just taking out the renewal they send me for 2 months then will that count as a full 2nd?

Thanks
Tim

I'll PM you this aswell. :smiley:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2007, 21:42 »
Martin,

my car is due for renewal soon, i'll call you obviously...but ill have two eyars NCB one which is accelerated....is it worth just taking out the renewal they send me for 2 months then will that count as a full 2nd?

Thanks
Tim

So the first was 12months then 2nd 10months? I would probably have to refer that too the underwriters to see if they would accept it, it would be up to them so i could not give you a definate yes or no until we do the quote and then refer to them. Will ask my boss on monday and see what he reckons.

:smiley:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2007, 12:20 »
Martin,

Thanks
Tim

yeah first was 12 months.....I'll call you up when it's due for a renewal.. :smiley:

So the first was 12months then 2nd 10months? I would probably have to refer that too the underwriters to see if they would accept it, it would be up to them so i could not give you a definate yes or no until we do the quote and then refer to them. Will ask my boss on monday and see what he reckons.

:smiley: