Author Topic: Am I the next victim?  (Read 29001 times)

Offline Poached

• I live here
Re: Am I the next victim?
« Reply #30 on: 09 December 2013, 11:48 »
Yup, £102/hour where my car was. It's one reason why I will probably take my car to an Indy in future. Outside of fixed price servicing the 'value' is questionable imo.

You will have to authorise the diagnostic work. I asked them to go straight to the Tensioner inspection but the dealer stated that they had to follow the exact procedure detailed in the TPI's that VW issue.

Power mods don't affect this particular component but it wouldn't surprise me if they used it as an excuse not to pay for a new engine and that would be where you would need to seek advice on the matter.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #31 on: 09 December 2013, 12:48 »
Watchdog and autoexpress time if it was me.
What a load of crap a good mechanic could diagnose that in less than an hour. I think I wont bother renewing my extended cover in march if thats the way they do buisness. Why should I pay 350 then another 400 to diagnose something that the fault code points straight too with the TSB. What a load of ass bandits VWuk and their dealers are. Fing joke.

(All my own personal opinions of cause)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 12:51 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 09 December 2013, 18:35 »
Well after the £450 odd for the initial diagnostics I received a call today saying further investigation work is needed and I now have to authorise £912!!

The caller said it looks upto now that it will be covered under warranty but they won't know until they have done the next stage of the investigation.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 09 December 2013, 18:52 »
By saying so far under warranty that would be bad on their part to say it's not and sting you with that cost...  I'd be going down the route you know what's wrong why not look at that 1st and save time therefore money
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 09 December 2013, 18:56 »
Well after the £450 odd for the initial diagnostics I received a call today saying further investigation work is needed and I now have to authorise £912!!

The caller said it looks upto now that it will be covered under warranty but they won't know until they have done the next stage of the investigation.

This is getting crazy now. Snoopy with you been a moderator and forum addict cant you compose all your finding in to a letter and get it send to watchdog and auto express? :undecided:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 09 December 2013, 19:01 »
By saying so far under warranty that would be bad on their part to say it's not and sting you with that cost...  I'd be going down the route you know what's wrong why not look at that 1st and save time therefore money

Well at the end of all this COST! When warranty pick it up cos they most likely will the garage gets paid, so it keeps their mechanic busy for a day fu@"in about with a dead engine.

Similar story to mine I had to authorise £1350 for engine strip, good to know that price includes the re-build, bargain :grin:
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 09 December 2013, 19:07 »
Can you guys have a quick read of my situation and what im best doing - link below

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,76423.msg803556.html#msg803556

Thanks fellas...
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #37 on: 09 December 2013, 19:19 »
@ the OP - Your dealer is taking the piss quite frankly  :angry:

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 09 December 2013, 19:28 »
Can you guys have a quick read of my situation and what im best doing - link below

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,76423.msg803556.html#msg803556

Thanks fellas...

Unsure with this one mate, I reckon VW will do nothing unfortunately, granted it's warranty but it also has not happened yet so it might not. That will be their argument...

Best place for it to be though then you can have a print out from the mechanic saying it's fine when it clearly isn't. Can't really turn that claim down...
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #39 on: 09 December 2013, 19:39 »

This is getting crazy now. Snoopy with you been a moderator and forum addict cant you compose all your finding in to a letter and get it send to watchdog and auto express? :undecided:
I would but 2 jobs 60h+ working weeks and a huge list of jobs at home/workshop/cars stacking up I simply dont have time sadly.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.