Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 598052 times)

Offline patty

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #1650 on: 07 January 2010, 22:46 »
found out that the hamdbrake has frozen on  :cry:

mine did that the other day, as did the missus's car  :cry:

pat
1996 black 5 dr 2.0 gti 16v

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1651 on: 08 January 2010, 11:39 »
Got stuck trying to drive up my road, so turned round and drove down instead. Then went and ordered a new key.  :lipsrsealed:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #1652 on: 08 January 2010, 12:26 »
Got it off the driveway at last! Didn't think about where i was going to park once off the driveway though, and i'm not to comfortable with where it is now. It's not in a dangerous place, but as the tw@t in the mk4 has just demonstrated, a lot of people around here are driving a bit too quick to come to a controlled stop :rolleyes:

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #1653 on: 08 January 2010, 15:29 »
Another coil pack (just one oldie left now) and a new boost elbow pipe.   :tongue:

Build thread clicky

Offline vwlemon69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1654 on: 08 January 2010, 18:57 »
could,nt get to far in the bora so got the golf country out yesterday and went sledging,found it amusing as the only cars on the top of the hill were 4wd.

Offline mattyg127

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1655 on: 09 January 2010, 04:15 »
i removed my front splitter with the help of some snow/ice  :laugh:
Mk4 1.9tdi SE PD100 :D...

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #1656 on: 09 January 2010, 08:09 »
Had to take the GF's Polo GTi out to do the big shop yesterday as the Corrado refuses to move in any direction other than the way gravity and ice wants to take it  :angry:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline Larrychips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1657 on: 10 January 2010, 14:53 »
Got a PowerFlow cat-back exhaust system fitted to my 97 black mk3 8v GTi yesterday from the nice people at RSR in Croydon. I would recommend them to anyone, they are very friendly and knowledgeable...good customer service...although a little pricey, but hey...you get what you pay for I guess.   I had a Supersprint manifold fitted a few months ago, and got them to do a flexible joint and a new sports cat...at the time I did not have the cash for the rest of the system, but now its all finally done.  While I was there, they discovered that a rear engine mount had broken...hence all the rattling and odd noises coming from the old system that Kwik-fit failed to fix (or even find!!) even though I took it back SEVEN times. Never use Kwik-Fit people...trust me!  That was replaced and the whole system works like a charm now!  I can feel the difference in power up past 3k revs, and she sounds a whole lot better...and exhaust rattles & rubbing are a thing of the past!  It works well with the K&N panel filter & airbox mod I've done...and I had her remapped a while ago too. 

Next, I plan do replace the cam with either a "fastroad" or Kent cam and of cause all the followers & springs.  I am busy doing some research on the topic...  I'd really like to have the head cleaned out and ported at the same time, as well as possibly replacing the cam belt and the injectors & fuel filter. A Kent Cam kit is around £280...but finding someone to fit it at a reasonable price is the problem.  I am fairly technical...and I think I have all the tools I need to do it myself, I just have not attempted even taking the head off myself...I fear I would make a hash of it and damage something.  Well...when I have the cash to spend, I'll look into it...for now I am going to enjoy the new exhaust, and the bliss of rattle/clonking/vibration free acceleration!

1997 Black Mk3 Golf 2.0 8v GTi
Full exhaust system/remapped/Air-Filter...mmm...and thats it for now...  PS- Must change this picture! Its too big and due to a speed bump under my rear right wheel, the front right looks like its in the air  ><

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1658 on: 10 January 2010, 15:36 »
Tried digging it out of the close, gave up.

nick

Offline patty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1659 on: 10 January 2010, 17:47 »
Tried digging it out of the close, gave up.

nick

i dont blame you nick. i had to go to basingstoke last week, although its only 18 miles from andover. it's like being on another planet.

i crashed the car loads of times.....and still didnt get to where i was going.........i turned back..

pat.
1996 black 5 dr 2.0 gti 16v