Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 598437 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #1360 on: 18 November 2009, 00:43 »
thought this would be a good thread, basically what have you done to your golf today!?

ill start:

changed my thermostat as it was leaking (quite a common problem) and managed to get the bit from a scrappy for £10 bargain!

your turn.....

My turn? Blast from the past!!

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #1361 on: 18 November 2009, 11:37 »
Hit a large puddle at speed.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline mumbles

• I live here
« Reply #1362 on: 18 November 2009, 14:20 »
looked out the window after an hour of getting home and saw that both front windows on the car were right down and it was raining..... confused, as i definately didn't have them down when i parked up, so guessing it's goin to have to be a door card off and check all the wiring(possible switch aint workin right so will need to check that too). plus now the window doesn't go all the way up unless you stop it before it hits the top or it comes right back down again.....  :angry:
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport

Offline laurielaeks

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1363 on: 18 November 2009, 22:49 »
looked out the window after an hour of getting home and saw that both front windows on the car were right down and it was raining..... confused, as i definately didn't have them down when i parked up, so guessing it's goin to have to be a door card off and check all the wiring(possible switch aint workin right so will need to check that too). plus now the window doesn't go all the way up unless you stop it before it hits the top or it comes right back down again.....  :angry:

not good,

took the golf to town today for a blast, slight burning smell, need to check everythings connected up nice and not leaking, coul dbe because the engines not been run in a while.

Offline mumbles

• I live here
« Reply #1364 on: 18 November 2009, 22:52 »
any ideas?? are more than welcome! haha!
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1365 on: 18 November 2009, 23:13 »
fluid check on mk3... topped up where necessary

keeping an eye on fan belt as its sounding a bit 'scratchy' down there  :undecided:

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #1366 on: 19 November 2009, 17:33 »
made sure all drain holes in the sills were clear and had a good look underneath for any other problems, cleaned around inner cv trying to track down a possible gearbox leak, changed top radiator hose and bled system
mk1s need constant watching, soon as you turn your back summat will break or fall off  :rolleyes:  :grin:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #1367 on: 19 November 2009, 18:00 »

keeping an eye on fan belt as its sounding a bit 'scratchy' down there  :undecided:

Waterpump :lipsrsealed:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1368 on: 19 November 2009, 18:06 »
made sure all drain holes in the sills were clear and had a good look underneath for any other problems, cleaned around inner cv trying to track down a possible gearbox leak, changed top radiator hose and bled system
mk1s need constant watching, soon as you turn your back summat will break or fall off  :rolleyes:  :grin:

ain't dat the truth

Waterpump :lipsrsealed:

yeah... i thought so too... will keep an eye on it and if that is the case swap that and the thermostat out - shouldn't cost too much from GSF

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #1369 on: 19 November 2009, 19:56 »
Trying to find a thermostat housing for the vr6 that's not expensive
Just plain dubbin