Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 597894 times)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #1000 on: 31 August 2009, 16:51 »
nothing to mine but just fitted full R32 alu trim to my mates along with some new top mounts and bearings

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1001 on: 31 August 2009, 16:56 »
nothing - just watched it get rained on  :grin: :grin:

update coming on Wednesday though, providing Steve's car doesn't cause problems again  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #1002 on: 31 August 2009, 23:57 »
Seriously been getting the fecking hump with the 'valver after a 600.00 MOT. The remote central locking papped out jamming the drivers door so haven't been using it, along with a few other issues means it's done about 30miles in the last 2months :rolleyes:

Decided to have a pop at getting the drivers door open as my new bits arrived. Ended up taking the interior out for better access still couldn't get the solenoid out. After muchos cursing, threatening with scrappage scheme etc we cut the safety plate out and unscrewed the catch from the quarter panel side and 'manning' it out...

Door is now open at least, however I now need to fit the new handles/ central locking kit tmrw after work, but obviously I have to work late Tuesday.
 Also need to sort the slight scrape it aquired whilst 'manning' it out in the sodding rain/dark :angry: Will be hidden when all refitted, but still.

All I can say is that it's lucky she's a pretty car, else I'd have taken my tire iron to her in a chewin the fat stylee...

Sigh...

Hopefully once she has all her new bits fitted she'll be resuming daily duties. :undecided:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline l333

• GTI forum regular
  • mk2 8v....mk3 8v....mk3 16v.... who says im greedy
« Reply #1003 on: 01 September 2009, 00:47 »
hi ive changed pas pump again oil,filter,flush to try and stop fcukin buzzer found n,s,r brake fluid leak,two ehaust leaks and preety much thrown my flippin rattel out of my very oily pram, mk2 what a joy quality pain in the asssssssss car to have :wink:

Offline yorkshire_gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1004 on: 01 September 2009, 11:23 »
changed the radiator switch and ripped the central locking pump out as the locks
have a mind of their own...manual unlocking now  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 01 September 2009, 12:50 by yorkshire_gti »

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #1005 on: 01 September 2009, 12:32 »
Pondered an offer that ive been made for it  :undecided:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #1006 on: 01 September 2009, 14:19 »
replaced the dash lights with super bright leds now i can see my mfa at night woohoo  :laugh:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #1007 on: 01 September 2009, 14:50 »
Changed the glow plugs this morning instead of going into work - there was no way I'd be going into work if I hadn't changed them.

What a f@cking pain in the arse it is without proper tools  :sad:

Got it all back together, cranked her over she was running  :cool:

only to take #1 & #3 fuel line off again to get clearance to #2 to tighten it up as it was spewing fuel down the block  :sad: 

17mm spanner is on order!
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

gtigolfthree

« Reply #1008 on: 01 September 2009, 15:14 »
Changed fuel filter pain in the a**e

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #1009 on: 01 September 2009, 15:34 »
nothing - just watched it get rained on  :grin: :grin:

update coming on Wednesday though, providing Steve's car doesn't cause problems again  :lipsrsealed:

If it wasn't my car it would have been yours  :rolleyes:

I serviced mine the other day and its having a cambelt and water pump fitted now along with a new alternator pulley as mine has seized = £450ish
Tomorrow off up to R_tech for a few toys, expensive week for me, got insurance next week as well and Edition 38 on weekend
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...