Author Topic: Problems after remap!!!!! Any help please  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: Problems after remap!!!!! Any help please
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2012, 22:24 »
Sounds like your mapping a bag of problems that isnt running right and the remap is highlighting them even more.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2012, 22:29 »
where was the remap done then is it some lad with a laptop and ebay software ??? running 185 / 195/ 205 bhp maps

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline 2pthemarine77

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 06 August 2012, 22:26 »
Yes an eBay map but the guy I contacted turned out be a friends family member and he sounded like he knew his stuff.  Maybe I should take it for rolling road mapping of at least a live map. I really starting to think the fuelling is wrong. The scanner keeps telling me it's losing pressure between turbo and throttle valve. 

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2012, 22:41 »
the thing is with the cheap mapping kits you can buy is any clown can add it to your car and they usually dont have a clue what their doing just out of curiosity did he store an original map of your car before he transfered his map onto the car???

where abouts you from as theres a chap down my way recently bought this software  :grin: and he is full of sh!t just wondering if its him who as done your car
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 22:43 by cullygti »

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #24 on: 06 August 2012, 23:05 »
Ah the elusive 17705 fault code, the bain of AUM/AUQ owners lives lol

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175