Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31554 times)

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
Re: Lead times
« Reply #90 on: 07 April 2021, 13:34 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

It's practically useless, my last Golf was sat in Germany when I ordered it, the tracker said it was on its way to the UK, but it was already at the dealership, having arrived in the UK 2 weeks prior.

The dealership told me the tracker is anything up to 4 weeks out of date, it's a waste of time, when I took delivery of the car it said "awaiting transport to dealership" - really?

Ahh - OK, thanks for that. It does sound pretty useless

I will just wait for my dealer to let me know when it's arrived and take it from there. It's good to know that at least it's on the way

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #91 on: 07 April 2021, 19:13 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

It's practically useless, my last Golf was sat in Germany when I ordered it, the tracker said it was on its way to the UK, but it was already at the dealership, having arrived in the UK 2 weeks prior.

The dealership told me the tracker is anything up to 4 weeks out of date, it's a waste of time, when I took delivery of the car it said "awaiting transport to dealership" - really?

Ahh - OK, thanks for that. It does sound pretty useless

I will just wait for my dealer to let me know when it's arrived and take it from there. It's good to know that at least it's on the way

Strange, our order times are pretty much identical and im still stuck on stage 2 with an unconfirmed build week of 44 :cry:
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #92 on: 08 April 2021, 10:30 »
The tracker isn't great, but if you delete your car from the tracker and re-add it, you will get the latest update.

My car has been sat at Grimsby port since 25/03. Waiting on word when it'll be loaded on a lorry to be taken to dealership

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #93 on: 14 April 2021, 20:27 »
Ok ordered my car 3/4/2021, was told 16 weeks

Order is currently  stage 2 "With the factory"

Just read this post and now I am very worried. I reckon all my options may come back to haunt me...

GTI CS Pearl White

Harman/Kardon Sound System
19” Estoril Alloys
Dynamic Chassis Control
Rear View Camera
Digital Key
Front and Rear Dashcam

I sold my Tesla and I am using a runaround for now.

By the time is shows up I might have enough money for a 911 Turbo S after all!

What week are we in now just to put some of your comments above into context?
« Last Edit: 14 April 2021, 20:32 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #94 on: 14 April 2021, 21:37 »
Today is in week 15.

Week 44 is 1st November...

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #95 on: 16 April 2021, 09:16 »
Ok ordered my car 3/4/2021, was told 16 weeks

Order is currently  stage 2 "With the factory"

Just read this post and now I am very worried. I reckon all my options may come back to haunt me...

GTI CS Pearl White

Harman/Kardon Sound System
19” Estoril Alloys
Dynamic Chassis Control
Rear View Camera
Digital Key
Front and Rear Dashcam

I sold my Tesla and I am using a runaround for now.

By the time is shows up I might have enough money for a 911 Turbo S after all!

What week are we in now just to put some of your comments above into context?

Interesting development my side given it’s not even been two weeks since I ordered.

My car has a build of week 28 which is the week beginning July 12th.  I’m told the original week allocated to my build was week 38 but the issues appear to be resolved as its come forward 10 weeks. Wonder if others will start see movement on progress also now?
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #96 on: 17 April 2021, 00:34 »
I’ve started the process today with drive the deal, will update on here once I have a confirmed date from the dealer. The guy from DTD said to expect 20 weeks.

Ordering: CS, Dolphin, Estorils, HUD, HK, DCC, PA, Rear Camera, Winter Pack (front), Pan roof.

In the end after trying to pick and chose options to keep below the luxury car tax, had a moment of madness and decided you only live once and I’m buying it to enjoy it not because it’s cheap.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 17 April 2021, 09:49 »
I’ve started the process today with drive the deal, will update on here once I have a confirmed date from the dealer. The guy from DTD said to expect 20 weeks.

Ordering: CS, Dolphin, Estorils, HUD, HK, DCC, PA, Rear Camera, Winter Pack (front), Pan roof.

In the end after trying to pick and chose options to keep below the luxury car tax, had a moment of madness and decided you only live once and I’m buying it to enjoy it not because it’s cheap.

That really is the best way to think of it.

Yeah it'll sting a bit each time the tax is due, but it's about £6 a week extra for having the car exactly how you wanted it.
7.5 GTD

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #98 on: 17 April 2021, 11:48 »
Have to say if I was doing my order again I'd go the other way and ditch the options.... I don't feel like any of them enhance my experience much tbh.

Just my opinion but...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #99 on: 17 April 2021, 21:55 »
Have to say if I was doing my order again I'd go the other way and ditch the options.... I don't feel like any of them enhance my experience much tbh.

Just my opinion but...

Understand, my current car is a high standard trim with no options and it’s fine, but two of those things are heated seats and reverse camera and both get a lot of use!

My prior car (mk6 gti) had dynaudio and I’ve missed decent sound (plus my four year old likes the music very loud) standard may have been ok but....

This will be our only car so felt dcc was a must (plus Nurburgring mode....). The HUD I just fancied (and my cousin and uncle BMW’s both have it and there’s still that little bit of rivalry at play).

I thought about swapping the Richmond’s myself later - read those cmwheels threads, waited to see what volkswizard did - but that would be a hassle and overall cost more than upgrading with Adelaide or Estoril and after seeing in the flesh preferred the latter.

The PA and Panroof are totally unnecessary but by that point I thought what the hell and the two or three times I’ll use PA (total) / open the roof a year i’ll get a bit of smile   
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options