Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31489 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Lead times
« Reply #80 on: 20 March 2021, 19:08 »
I feel lucky. Both my Golf's were factory orders and arrived in about 8 weeks.
7.5 GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 20 March 2021, 20:12 »
It’s never been that way in Ireland. Until now. I’ve ordered a few new ones over the years and all arrived within 10-12 weeks. Including a very early adopter MK7 GTI.

My dad ordered a Tiguan in November and he still hasn’t a build week nailed down. They keep pushing it out.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #82 on: 21 March 2021, 22:20 »
My MK7.5 was factory ordered and took 3 months
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #83 on: 23 March 2021, 07:58 »
I know it's been touched on before but some more news on the chip issue... not good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56486242
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 23 March 2021, 08:06 »
I know it's been touched on before but some more news on the chip issue... not good.

From what I have been reading about 'software issues' on the MK8, perhaps they should just build the cars and leave the chip out until such time that they know what they are doing with it and have solved the 'glitches'.......... :laugh:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 23 March 2021, 14:23 »

From what I have been reading about 'software issues' on the MK8, perhaps they should just build the cars and leave the chip out until such time that they know what they are doing with it and have solved the 'glitches'.......... :laugh:

:grin: :grin: Good point!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #86 on: 07 April 2021, 11:58 »
Just wondering how long cars are generally sitting at Emden these days?

Now we're temporarily a 1 car family, I really need VW to get their arses into gear and ship our incoming ID3.

It's been sat at Emden since 10th March, as an unallocated car (no-one ordered it, seemingly built as a stock car to grab (as I did), and deprioritised for shipping until it was claimed. My Grab officially happened o  29 Mar, so hopefully it's in a queue for a ship.

Just hoping to get some recent accurate timings from 5B, sat at Emden to 5C , on a ship, or 5B to 6, in England, but not at the dealership yet.

I have a few jobs to do such as reinstate our driveway as a driveway (our driveway is on the back of our house, in the street behind ours). Need to make and put some new gates up to maximise the driveway access width, then have strong words with our neighbours who habitually park across our drive (as we don't currently park a car on there I've been quite lenient, although they have been told plenty of times before).
« Last Edit: 07 April 2021, 12:02 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #87 on: 07 April 2021, 12:28 »
I originally ordered an Audi A3 in February, from the factory, the lead time on that went from 17 to 29 weeks - ended up switching for an in-stock Golf GTI, not waiting until the end of the year only to be told another German lockdown had delayed the car again. :grin:

I imagine lead times are roughly similar across the VAG group for most cars? Increasing quite a lot it seems.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #88 on: 07 April 2021, 13:07 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #89 on: 07 April 2021, 13:22 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

It's practically useless, my last Golf was sat in Germany when I ordered it, the tracker said it was on its way to the UK, but it was already at the dealership, having arrived in the UK 2 weeks prior.

The dealership told me the tracker is anything up to 4 weeks out of date, it's a waste of time, when I took delivery of the car it said "awaiting transport to dealership" - really?