Author Topic: Sidelights relocated into indicators  (Read 4802 times)

Offline JMallows

• I live here
Re:Sidelights relocated into indicators
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2004, 22:11 »
So how exactly did you do it? I cant see how you wired it so the indicators switched the sidelights off?

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline lowgolf

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 27 April 2004, 22:42 »
Took my bigbumper holders and cracked the orange plastic from inside them and removed it. Then drilled a hole in the back of them. Got a spare pair of sidelight bulb holders from the scrappy and managed to make a bracket to hold it in place. I then terminal blocked the normal sidelight wires and added the extra sidelights. This means i run them both on the normal circuit. I then replaced the normal indicator bulbs with orange ones so they still shine orange. Because the sidelight bulbs are only 5w and the indicator bulbs are 21w when the indicator shines you cant see the sidelight bulb at all as it is well drown out.
<br /><br />Yeah!!!

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 April 2004, 10:29 »
I see... So when your indicating, the indicator will flash orange, but when off it will be white? Thus, when indicating it will appear to be flashing white then orange, just the orange is much brighter? What colour are your lenses, clear, orange or smoked? I'm thinking of putting the sidelights into the spots at the moment....

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline lowgolf

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2004, 11:30 »
just got clear lenses, you could put them in all three, because the sidelight fune is 10A and the bulbs are only 5W the circuit would handle it easily
<br /><br />Yeah!!!

Offline lairy_1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 13 May 2004, 12:34 »
Beetles have indicators in the headlamps, so I can't see a problem with MOT's.

1983 Mk1 G60
1990 Passat VR6