Author Topic: Proper Clean After Unwashed Collection.  (Read 12543 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Proper Clean After Unwashed Collection.
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2016, 11:20 »
That looks brilliant Talk-torque. Well done on your first attempt!

Now you need to make certain the dealer doesn't do their usual 'courtesy wash' and undo all your hard work when your car goes in for servicing or warranty work.

I always;
- tell them not to wash it
- get them to write it on their worksheet and the tag they tie on your keys
- hang this on the interior rear view mirror; http://carboncollective.com/product/do-not-wash-pvc-hook/

It's worked so far, although the dealer I use knows I'm OCD about my car!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2016, 11:49 »
That looks brilliant Talk-torque. Well done on your first attempt!

Now you need to make certain the dealer doesn't do their usual 'courtesy wash' and undo all your hard work when your car goes in for servicing or warranty work.

I always;
- tell them not to wash it
- get them to write it on their worksheet and the tag they tie on your keys
- hang this on the interior rear view mirror; http://carboncollective.com/product/do-not-wash-pvc-hook/

It's worked so far, although the dealer I use knows I'm OCD about my car!

I'm going to have to get me one of those. Great idea.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 06 April 2016, 15:31 »
Or save yourself £3.95 and just get a massive piece of cardboard, a thick marker pen and write your own. Ensure the cardboard sign is so big it fills the entire dash, ensuring even the most unobservant technician can't miss it.  That plus a luggage label sign on keys, instruction written on worksheet and highlighted with highlighter pen (bring your own if necessary, lol) and verbal instruction to the point where they live in fear of you. That does the trick.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2016, 15:34 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2016, 15:45 »
Or save yourself £3.95 and just get a massive piece of cardboard, a thick marker pen and write your own. Ensure the cardboard sign is so big it fills the entire dash, ensuring even the most unobservant technician can't miss it.  That plus a luggage label sign on keys, instruction written on worksheet and highlighted with highlighter pen (bring your own if necessary, lol) and verbal instruction to the point where they live in fear of you. That does the trick.

That would work as well :laugh:

BTW Booth were you on the Stratford Upon Avon to Solihull road yesterday at around 5:25pm? I was heading back to Solihull. Black R, female driver with light-ish coloured hair heading towards Stratford.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2016, 16:05 »

BTW Booth were you on the Stratford Upon Avon to Solihull road yesterday at around 5:25pm? I was heading back to Solihull. Black R, female driver with light-ish coloured hair heading towards Stratford.
After that little incident with her car last week, she's probably gone grey :laugh:
Sorry Rebecca, I couldn't resist :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 06 April 2016, 16:46 »

Not me, I'm currently NOT sunning myself on the windswept and freezing cold island of Fuerteventura (never again!).

And, no kalimon, you cheeky b*st@rd, I do not have grey hair (yet), it's still blonde(ish) if currently a little unkempt due to the aforementioned Canarian gales!!! 

I want to come home and rescue my R from it's Gatwick car park prison.  :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 April 2016, 16:51 »

Not me, I'm currently NOT sunning myself on the windswept and freezing cold island of Fuerteventura (never again!).

And, no kalimon, you cheeky b*st@rd, I do not have grey hair (yet), it's still blonde(ish) if currently a little unkempt due to the aforementioned Canarian gales!!! 

I'm close to Gatwick - let me know which car park and I'll make sure it's well looked after while you are away!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 06 April 2016, 16:53 »
I opted for Carbon Steel Grey over Silver as I just associate Silver with private hire mini-cabs now (though granted they're usually an Avensis or Octavia rather than a hothatch...) but the Tungsten Silver looks stunning. Really smart.
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline jpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 06 April 2016, 16:58 »
I went for night blue and never considered the silver, but mist say it looks fantastic!

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #19 on: 06 April 2016, 17:40 »

If you go to the Canaries, it has to be Tenerife. I go most years and it doesn't suffer from the sh!tty high winds some of the other islands do.
Grey's the new blonde or so my wife keeps telling me Rebecca ( she's nearly as old as me though)  :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16