Author Topic: Proper Clean After Unwashed Collection.  (Read 12549 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Proper Clean After Unwashed Collection.
« on: 05 April 2016, 21:58 »
Have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about doing a good enough job, after collecting my new GTi "in the wraps". The removal of sheeting and stickers went OK, but today it was time to get down to the job of preparing the paint and getting some protection on. I had asked for the car to be unwashed as I was concerned about the casual splosh and rub it would get at the dealer leaving the often seen scratches and swirls, but could I do better, plus get some proper protection onto the paint without doing any damage? I was as prepared as I could be, having read Rebecca's "First Detail of The R" (Thanks Rebecca!), and had obtained all the necessary bits and bobs, so off I went. I won't call it a detail, just a proper clean, seal and wax, but I am pleased with the result, which I think looks pretty good and should make my car easier to keep clean. I only found a few very minor paint blemishes, by the way, none of which warrant further action.

Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
Re: Proper Clean After Unwashed Collection.
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2016, 22:06 »
That looks dam gorgeous and a completely different colour in the third photo.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2016, 22:15 »
Yes, there's a bit of bronze in Tungsten Silver that the setting sun emphasised. It's a really nice colour IMHO, which shows off the Mark 7's curves and edges very well.  :smiley:
Roger.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2016, 22:26 »
That looks absolutely fantastic!! Great colour! What wax/sealant did you use?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2016, 22:36 »
Have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about doing a good enough job, after collecting my new GTi "in the wraps". The removal of sheeting and stickers went OK, but today it was time to get down to the job of preparing the paint and getting some protection on. I had asked for the car to be unwashed as I was concerned about the casual splosh and rub it would get at the dealer leaving the often seen scratches and swirls, but could I do better, plus get some proper protection onto the paint without doing any damage? I was as prepared as I could be, having read Rebecca's "First Detail of The R" (Thanks Rebecca!), and had obtained all the necessary bits and bobs, so off I went. I won't call it a detail, just a proper clean, seal and wax, but I am pleased with the result, which I think looks pretty good and should make my car easier to keep clean. I only found a few very minor paint blemishes, by the way, none of which warrant further action.

"Just a proper clean seal and wax"........ also known as 'a detail' lol.  You are too modest Talk-torque.

Well anyway, if that just a proper clean etc, it's a damn good one.  Fantastic work! Stunning. :cool: :cool: :cool:

What a beautiful colour - the silvers are the best colours for accentuating the razor sharp lines/creases of the mk7 to greatest effect.

You've given your new GTI a superb start in life. Great work. :afro: Love it!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2016, 22:45 »
Looks fantastic!
Great choice of colour and great non- detailing effort 😀
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2016, 23:20 »
Looks fantastic!
Great choice of colour and great non- detailing effort 😀

Il 2nd that.....  :cool:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2016, 23:30 »
Thanks all. I used Poorboys EX-P sealant and Do Do Juice Diamond White wax. Still amazed that I have a sealed and waxed car with no swirls! I keep going to the garage and turning the lights on to check! Doh!

Rebecca, you are too generous. Anyway, whatever we call what I have done, I would not have attempted it without your excellent guide. Thanks again.  :wink:

I am really chuffed with Tungsten Silver, as it was, to some extent, my "least worst" choice! Lovin' it now!
Roger.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2016, 00:13 »
Tungsten Silver was recommended by the salesman for my GTD.But i had already decided on Carbon Grey.
Looking at your fine pics,it seems he wasn't far wrong!. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline James86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2016, 09:49 »
Love it - excellent work! Can't wait to collect mine now!
Current: 2011 BMW 120d Coupe

On Order: 2016 GTI PP DSG