Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245379 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #990 on: 16 September 2019, 12:51 »
A TCR with Prets, nice choice   :cool: Not many out of the flood of them on the AT with the Prets
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #991 on: 16 September 2019, 13:04 »
@hertsman - the fact you've asked a sales guy about the mk8 r is bad enough as they know absolutely nothing about anything they sell  :grin:
I'd take his info with a huge pinch of salt at this stage.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #992 on: 16 September 2019, 13:07 »
That grey was always going to be a good colour.

If VWUK had released that colour years ago I could see it being the most popular colour by a long old way and probably sealed a lot of sales.

You could have an Audi in it or a Skoda in it, but not a Golf.

Stupid.

BTW has anyone heard a date yet for the end of Mk7 production? That's still the key thing for me...

Obviously see a lot of R now opposed to when received my R three years ago and there was a nice feel of driving something different from the pack and think the TCR and the grey will give that feel of being a little different while keeping some VW reserve and not being garishly different. - Thats not a knock on the R, would have happily had another as most of the pleasure is in the driving but at the level of finer details the grey will be relatively rare and so will give that feeling described.

Think Frankfurt is October? so you must think MK 8 become available to order soon after though imagine books close on MK 7 to order and there is a phased change to MK 8 as fulfil the orders - not seen a factual date though.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #993 on: 16 September 2019, 13:10 »
@hertsman - the fact you've asked a sales guy about the mk8 r is bad enough as they know absolutely nothing about anything they sell  :grin:

To be fair to the guy he seemed as much as an enthusiast as sales guy and from my own now decent knowledge he gave no inaccuracies on the MK 7 as we talked through that - so I actually believed him as he seemed someone who has made a point to know out of his own interest - obviously we shall see :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #994 on: 16 September 2019, 13:27 »
Mine has arrived at the dealer and the exhaust upgrade is confirmed, looks very nice...cannot wait to hear it. Pick up on Saturday so will try and post pics shortly afterwards :smiley:

Mine is also with the dealer at the moment, but unable to collect until the week after you.  Also can't wait to hear it as sense the youtube clips won't do it justice.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #995 on: 16 September 2019, 13:35 »

:grin: Never met a car salesperson who knows anything about a yet to be launched new model!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #996 on: 16 September 2019, 13:49 »
Think Frankfurt is October? so you must think MK 8 become available to order soon after though imagine books close on MK 7 to order and there is a phased change to MK 8 as fulfil the orders - not seen a factual date though.

The Frankfurt Motor Show is happening now; 12/09/2019 - 22/09/2019, and VW are using Frankfurt to showcase the ID3 all electric car. They wouldn’t (and didn’t) unveil the mk8 at the same time as the ID3, as it could dilute the impact of the ID3’s debut.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #997 on: 16 September 2019, 16:49 »
By the way.  As anyone managed to check if the MY20 models got the upgraded key fob?  Think I read a few pages back Seat?? had got new ones on MY20 which didn't transmit the signal once no movement was detected.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #998 on: 16 September 2019, 18:06 »
Saw my first TCR today on the M25, a foreign registered 5 door in black with black wheels. Unfortunately the black masked all the details so I couldn't appreciate the differences. One thing though with all the recent talk about exhausts, the chrome tail pipes stuck out and looked wrong. This might be partly due to the colour of the car but I think the Akra thingy exhaust will suit better.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #999 on: 16 September 2019, 22:55 »
A TCR with Prets, nice choice   :cool: Not many out of the flood of them on the AT with the Prets

I thought that too Jim. Guess it'll be a rarer spec choice with the price increase now too. When I spec'd the TCR, I put an Instagram poll out as I couldn't decide. I think black Pretoria versus Reifnitz was 150 to 8 in favour of the Prets.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR