Author Topic: My 1988 16V on 113K with FSH, completely original with factory leather.  (Read 2688 times)

Offline k simmonds

• Not said much yet

Offline k simmonds

• Not said much yet
My daily driver MK II Golf GTi 16V now I've fitted the summer wheels. A correct set of 6"X14" ET 33 BBS RA's, these would have been the original factory option at the time over the OE VAG Alloys. It's a real belter, which I was very lucky to get my hands on!!! 113K miles, FSH, original factory leather in Black, EW, PAS CL and finished in the best colour for a MK II, Oak Green.

It was one of the last cars to be driven over to the UK by VAG, as opposed to mass transported. I have the original paper work signed in Germany by some dude, confirming the spec and stating that he is to drive the the car to the UK with care.

It's dirty because I use it, ie rag the nuts off it!!!

Over the next year the plan is an Audi 80 6A bottom end from a quattro I broke last year. I have a recently skimmed, pressure tested reconditioned head, with as new guides/matched valves with new stem seals, I'm going to lightly flow and match the manifolds etc.  Custom Four branch manifold using Audi 7A Tubular EM, KR Cam's maybe slightly reground as I have a few sets to play with. Seam welded wish-bones and front subframe, Corrado ARB.  ALL!! Bushes replaced with Poly items, new ball joints, tie rods etc. I have all the parts required to do that work sat waiting on the shells in my workshop., going to use a MK I Corrado subframe and wishbones as I have them to hand and can get them sand blasted, powder coated and assembled with all bushes ready to bolt straight up.  The car came with Koni adjustable rear dampers fitted and I have a nearly new set sat waiting to go on the front, springs are staying stock.

At some point both sides are going to be painted as there's a few dent and scratches to get rid of.  Performance first though!! :grin: :grin: :grin: