Author Topic: tyler - mk1 GTI  (Read 9167 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
tyler - mk1 GTI
« on: 30 August 2005, 13:14 »
here you go tyler :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline tyler

• GTI forum regular
Re: tyler - mk1 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2005, 14:57 »
Hi all you looking at my project/s i have 2 mk1 golf gti first 1 owned about 6 months its a1982 black 1600 no great mods just kand n filter on the engine and a set cobra seats in the front
Next project is a 1983 mk1 in in tornado red flick paint owned now for 5 years its had two engines since i had it first was 1900 camed one but got fed up with the power and went for 16v conversion which i done all the work on which  i stripped everything out at that time replaced the loom with a mint none cut job i then replaced supsension with koni top adjustables lowered 35mm uprated the brakes with later 16v set up including rear disc conversion full exhaust in stainless and waxoiled everything.
But now ive been outand   bought g60 lump for £175  and a turbo manifold  for £25 both from ebay Wow what a bargain hey
Ive got a mate making me a custom fit intercooler for this which should be coming in a couple off weeks ripping the 16v engine out very soon to start this conversion hopefully be on the road in about 6 months (i say thro gritted teeth)
picture of the engine ive just bought
i get pictures off the 2 cars up a bit later
corrado 16v lowered,leather,grill,oz route,m3 lights polished engine,
mk1 golf cabby not alot done but in primer

Offline tyler

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2005, 17:44 »
Heres some pictures of the black 1982 1600 car bought with little tax and test for £250 through ebay use for a daily driver at the moment

more to follow of the red beast hope you like
« Last Edit: 06 September 2005, 11:11 by Mk2GTI2.016v »

Offline tyler

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2005, 16:32 »
had problems with work so just started this afternoon going away for week so want to get the engine out

Offline tyler

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2005, 14:54 »
Im back from a week of hard work (sat in a office learning how to wire up three phase motors very boring  and nothing todo with my job)
Got this week of work and managed to get the engine out steamed cleaned the bay and waxoiled parts which will rust picked up the intercooler and made mountings so it fits snuggly next the radiator pick up loads of stainless steel pipe but aint going to use it until i make sure i know everthing fits in. bought another turbo which is in need of repair but more powerful (turbo technics one)sending it off to have roller bearings put in etc. putting everthing which was in the car on ebay on thursday try and pay for the turbo rebuild. next thing is to get the new block in and wire up for digi dont know how to do this yet but i learn

Offline tyler

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2005, 11:25 »
Not much has happened to the car since last time i write in got new wheels for it mk2 steel rims turbos back and looking good block has now been painted waiting on gaskets from vag but should be here tomorrow. decided to put the black car back on ebay this weekend to fund the red car. plans now are to get the engine in by the weekend if nothing goes wrong (being on call is taking up so much time at the moment)  :embarassed: :cry: